Where are all the Dennis Allen haters? (1 Viewer)

Iā€™m here šŸ˜‚
Third outstanding game in a row, but why take 8 games to reach this level? Or, better: why did we look like 2015 Saints for most of the first half of the season?
ejw was the one who convinced me the majority of the problem was execution

Why should we hate DA now that he's Doing His Job???

Where was this the first 6 or so games this season?
We are all Saints fans and have often seen how slow the team (especially the defense) start most seasons. But give DA the benefit of doubt. He is a very good DC and seems to turn every team around to top 10 defensive levels. Patience

I get that, but it seems an entirely unfair metric to refuse to recognise a unit doing well at this current time, when it was fine to dump all over it when it wasn't.

I appreciate that may not apply to you personally, but actually the continual reference to past playoff games, as if they prove how all future such games will work out is pretty flawed in itself. The human mind always seeks patterns, whether they're there or not. I'm not saying history won't repeat itself, but you can't say for certain it will, either.
Well, when we do the whole... The defense great... Eat your crow for a 4th year in a row. I already did my crow eating two years ago.

But I stayed out of the annual defense call out except when Allen does dumb play calling like dropping lineman into coverage.

I know the team is uber talented. Allen is slow to adjusting to personnel like how badly he used Jenkins. It is what it is. The only time I get worried is when we play against an excellent or good playcaller. With how the playoffs looking... Nothing really imtimdating on the NFC side.

Why should we hate DA now that he's Doing His Job???

Where was this the first 6 or so games this season?

Iā€™ll gladly eat crow on him the last 3 games great game plan but honestly I think it comes down to our Dline... they are on another level right now, as long as we keep going in right direction Iā€™ll always gladly eat crow! Iā€™m so happy Taysom played good today I will personally tell D Allen Iā€™m sorry haha

What a masterfull defensive plan and execution. The defense has stepped up big time and must be seen as a top 6 defense during the last 34 games. And remember, that the Falcons offense is respectable and puts points up on most teams. Dominant performance. Hats of to D Allen and all the other defensive coaches

Now all of you Dennis Allen haters can come out and troll + flame me
He will get his appreciation thread when he does this to the Chiefs. He will get his thread. Don't worry.

We have elite multi-game runs in the regular season on defense every year since 2017. Then, it's either injury or superior playcallers making us look like fools come the playoffs.

I never was critical of the defense except when they choke in the playoffs tho.
To be fair the defense prevented the Minny playoff game from being a blowout.

But they eventually broke on a deep pass late. Happens.

All I want to see is consistency on communication and not having breakdowns, not letting receivers get behind the safeties in key situations. If we can get through a season without those themes of the last three years then Allen has earned his job.

But to see some of the same flaws, and slow starts every year makes you question.

I'd just like to add that after the Chargers game, I created this thread titled "Dennis Allen is not the problem". Most of the posts did not agree with me.

Last edited:
Well, when we do the whole... The defense great... Eat your crow for a 4th year in a row. I already did my crow eating two years ago.

But I stayed out of the annual defense call out except when Allen does dumb play calling like dropping lineman into coverage.

I know the team is uber talented. Allen is slow to adjusting to personnel like how badly he used Jenkins. It is what it is. The only time I get worried is when we play against an excellent or good playcaller. With how the playoffs looking... Nothing really imtimdating on the NFC side.
To be honest, I don't think I've ever really hyped the defense enough to need to eat any kind of bird, I just thought it a little inconsistent to refuse to countenance what they've managed so far.

I do get the disappointment factor though, that burns us all.

For what it's worth, I think there's a good blend of personnel and coaching on the D. And dropping a lineman into coverage can work just fine, particularly when you have these ridiculous athletes.

I think we just tend to remember the negatives because of how big they always seem to be!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom