Where are all the Dennis Allen haters? (1 Viewer)

And all you Dennis Allen haters, don't get any ideas!!

I brought Olaf!!

Dennis Allen has been the same coach as the last 4 years, only thing that was off early was chemistry and sloppy DB play...and missing Davenport. Some of y'all need to acknowledge you were just wrong instead of justifying yourselves.

Nobody was wrong. Starting every season poorly is no excuse that people need to shut up about it. And I was one of those people who admitted defenses across the NFL were struggling early.

Yet I also didnt tell people to stop complaining either. They had every right to.

Allen has our together a string of good defenses nicer the years, I'm still confused with the D. Allen hate...but then again those same people wanted Payton fired.

Prisoners of the moment... Soon as the Saints lose both Payton and Allen will be having people calling for their jobs

This happens every year under Allen. He’ll probably stick around now and the first 4-6 games next season the lot of us will want his head again. I even told my friends that even if we win the Super Bowl I wouldn’t be sad if we brought in an upgrade. For me, if Zimmer is available after this season you have to make a run at him.

Still here and eating crow. I think schemes were adjusted, seeing more 2 deep safeties. Janoris Jenkins is playing better and better. I think the addition of Kwon Alexander can’t be underestimated. His speed and athleticism allow Demario Davis to be more involved in the pass rush. Gardner Johnson is playing with abandon. I may be wrong but it seems like schemes were adjusted to fit our players abilities. Whatever happened the defense is playing extremely well.

I am one. Either he, his players, or both have done a masterful job lately. I don't understand why he seems to start off slowly every year but if they keep playing like this, this is a Super Bowl caliber team.

Allen deserves a ton of credit. I wasn’t sure we’d ever work through the secondary issues.

Separate from that, it’s amazing to see the difference the presence of Davenport makes.

I am one. Either he, his players, or both have done a masterful job lately. I don't understand why he seems to start off slowly every year but if they keep playing like this, this is a Super Bowl caliber team.
Starting slowly. 3rd and long issues. Defending the field inside 2 minutes. All themes that were persistent.

If he has adjusted and learned to simplify or adjust to what his players do then that is great.

If we stay healthy and don't see the latter themes then he has earned the benefit of the doubt for another year. The last thing will be having his defense ready to play from game 1.

This happens every year under Allen. He’ll probably stick around now and the first 4-6 games next season the lot of us will want his head again. I even told my friends that even if we win the Super Bowl I wouldn’t be sad if we brought in an upgrade. For me, if Zimmer is available after this season you have to make a run at him.
Nah.... Ryan Nielsen is our next DC. And he'll be elite.

This is why you don't complain. The players use that as hate fuel and laugh at the people hopping on their backs once again.
Fake fans 👍

I needed somewhere to place this:

Nobody was wrong. Starting every season poorly is no excuse that people need to shut up about it. And I was one of those people who admitted defenses across the NFL were struggling early.

Yet I also didnt tell people to stop complaining either. They had every right to.

Complaining is different than calling for people's jobs, which a whole bunch of folks were doing. And yes, there were plenty of people who were wrong that were calling for this guy's job. Hindsight makes that obvious now, but I thought it was pretty obvious while we were having mental breakdowns in coverage every week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom