Where are you Rudy Giuliani voters going after today? (1 Viewer)

I hope the all go to McCain too. There is no way they'll probably be a Paul supporter.

I'm not familiar with the rules so does anyone know what happens to his sizeable (50 million) campaign war chest if he drops out? I can't imagine he's spent even close to all of it since the only state he really campaigned in was Florida. Rudy is second only to Romney among Republicans in raising dough. What happens to the dough if he doesn't bake with it?

I'm not familiar with the rules so does anyone know what happens to his sizeable (50 million) campaign war chest if he drops out? I can't imagine he's spent even close to all of it since the only state he really campaigned in was Florida. Rudy is second only to Romney among Republicans in raising dough. What happens to the dough if he doesn't bake with it?
I can't recall where I read it, but Rudy is broke. I could be wrong though.

Edit: He was running out of funds in South Carolina and couldn't pay his staff.

Last edited:
Could someone explain the distaste for Romney. I feel I may be missing something.

Is it safe to say it's probably down to McCain or Romney for the republicans?

A lot of his flip flops are detailed here:

Basically a lot of stuff on the Pro-Family issue (trust me this is a huge huge issue for Republicans, at least at the Louisiana caucuses)

A few gun control things. Just a lot of things the republican establishment is against.

http://massresistance.org/docs/marriage/romney/record/
Romney favors "Assault" Weapons Ban
* "He [Romney] is a supporter of the federal assault weapons ban."
- Romney 2002 campaign website
Romney Balances Budget with $500 Million in New Fees

* "His first budget, presented under a cloud of a $2 billion deficit, balanced the budget with some spending cuts, but a $500 million increase in various fees was the largest component of the budget fix." Cato Institute annual Fiscal Policy Report Card - America's Governors, 2004. Romney was rated a "C" overall by Cato.
See presentation on Cato website

Looking at this thread I guess nobody supported poor Rudy.

Is it safe to say it's probably down to McCain or Romney for the republicans?

Barring several huge scandals, yes. Rudy is broke and should drop out before he gets embarrassed in NY/NJ. Huck is broke but could stick around to pick up the religous wing of the party and lobby for VP. Paul has no chance.

Romney needs a win in FL to offset McCain's national/ST leads.

Paul might win Louisiana's delegates. Maybe even Maine. He was 2nd in Nevada, but the thing the media doesn't report is all those Romney supporters left after voting. Paul supporters stayed and became delegates.

Delegates are what decide the nomination. If there is brokered convention, look out.

I'm a big time Rudy supporter but if he has a poor turnout on Super Tuesday I'm gonna support McCain since hes the closest thing IMO. People like Huckabee make me sick.

I think pretty much all Rudy people are gonna go with McCain. Partly because Rudy still has a shot at VP. He messed up by skipping the early primaries and letting another candidate gain momentum.

McCain

i am a rudy guy who is going mccain. i think we need a center canidate. i think obama is good but his ideas of health care and the war are wrong and too costly. raising taxes are wrong. i believe in getting ride of the ss tax and give he money back to people.

oh ron paul guys we need the NSA and CIA. It is sad people don't know what thee people do. they are necessary - period.

Romney gets owned by radio host who was going to vote for him. Until Romney laughed in this interview at issues that were important to the host.

Warning a few bad words.

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>
&ampnbsp
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lAFfLy05_Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>

I love how he waits for Romney to hang up before he goes off on his tirade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom