where are you "teddy is a super bowl QB" guys at today? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Calling out a member or group of members (malicious)
teddy was absolutely horrible yesterday, no ifs ands or buts about it

the defense once again won that game for us as it was well into the second half before teddy started throwing balls within reach of WRs instead of 5 ft over their heads or into the ground on wide open receivers who were guaranteed to make more yards and ghet those first downs we didnt get if the ball was anywhere remotely considered as catch able "in stride"

teddy is who the majority of us thought he was, a talented backup QB who can manage games for you and isnt anything more then that.

he is NOT our future QB or even a short term replacement for drew until we can draft a QB

i like teddy, i really do, he is a great guy, hell of a man and all in for our team, he just isnt anything more then he showed yesterday and thats not necessarily a bad thing, just not our answer for the future.

once again he had the happy feet and was indecisive and way way off target when he did throw, and he was not anything you could even remotely consider as accurate until the second half and it nearly cost us a game that should never have even been close. and no it wasnt the receivers fault it was 100% on teddy for those bad throws, the most notable was a wide open MT in the flat when we desperately needed that 1st down and the ball sails 6ft over his head out of bounds when teddy wasnt under pressure enough to blame for throwing such a horrible pass

so all you "teddy is a super bowl QB" sunshine pumpers will, i hope, finally give it a rest and just admit teddy is who we have seen him be and nothing more then a serviceable backup QB

Last edited:

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Nobody ever claimed he was taking us to the Super Bowl. Most were just happy that we are winning games while Drew is out. This OP is in really poor taste. Drew has had games where he threw 5 picks in a single game. Were you starting threads about sunshine pumpers then?

Loose Cannon

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
so all you "teddy is taking us to the SB" sunshine pumpers will, i hope, finally give it a rest and just admit teddy is who we have seen him be and nothing more then a serviceable backup QB
Who has said "Teddy is taking us to the SB"? Is Drew out for the year now?

Reaction score
I do agree. Teddy is keeping the offense on the field long enough to run some clock down and maybe get us a field goal. Our defense is preventing teams from scoring which is the reason why we are winning. Teddy had one good game, which was last week against the bucs.

I like teddy, but hes average at QB nothing special. Even some of the worst QBs have a good day.

I just cant wait for Brees to come back and have our offense match our defense. Talk about scary.

Last edited:

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
snore. we won without Brees. Again! Just try and Enjoy it instead of trolling.
For real. We picked up a game manager (that's all he ever was in Minny) who's doing enough to win games while Drew is out. Guys have bad days sometimes and yesterday was one fore Teddy. We won and are sitting at the top of our division while we all thought the season was lost when Drew got hurt.

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Ungrateful. Some of you guys are just pathetic:sad:
And delusional. No one ever claimed TB was going to take us to the Super Bowl. No one ever thought Drew was going to be out for the season. OP is making things up just to troll.

Having a banged up AK being fed the ball while Murray had the hot hand yesterday didn't help things either.

Infoman

Lawd Have Mercy!
Reaction score
You all know how I feel about the subject... My opinion won't change when he has one great game, nor will it change when he has a mediocre one... He has a lot of starts under his belt... 90% of them look like what we have seen in Minny and here with a couple of outliers like the Tampa game.

He is who he has always been... and so far that's been good enough for us to win games. I'm grateful for that.

The knee jerk reactions after each game aren't necessary... From either side... There are posters that have disappeared today that were pounding the drum last week that - Teddy could carry this team, He is the future, He has turned the corner, etc. after one good game... And there were plenty of us here staying that - One great game proves very little, and that he's consistently been a game manager for 90% of his career - One game won't change that. Now those people are beating the drum... (who'd a thunk it?)

Just go bump one of the other threads about how he's great after one game, or trash after a mediocre one... LOL

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really need some of y'all to log off and put the bags back on your head. Stay home and stay off the message boards.

As others have said, Drew Brees, the Saint himself, has had very very ugly games and no one came on this board suggesting anything other than: "He did his best but the team needs to help him out" or "It was just a rough day and those are going to happen from time to time"

What is wrong with y'all? We're undefeated with Teddy at QB. Y'all just need something to complain about. You should meet my ex-wife. You'd get along GREAT!

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I never had any thoughts that he was a Super Bowl QB. I did had hope that he could be our post-Brees QB but after a game or two I realized that isn't the case. All I wanted him to do is manage to win a few games to keep us in the hunt until Brees returns. We're 5-1 right now, better than I thought we'd be.

St. Aaron

⚜️ In That Number ⚜️
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t know that I ever read anyone saying Teddy was taking us to the Super Bowl. I agree that Teddy has been frustrating to watch at times and his anticipation and decision making need to improve, but he’s protecting the ball and doing enough to win games. I can’t wait until Drew gets back either, but Teddy is doing what he needs to do to keep us afloat in the meantime. I wish he was performing at a more Brees-like level, but he’s doing his job.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom