where are you "teddy is a super bowl QB" guys at today? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Calling out a member or group of members (malicious)
Sticky Post
teddy was absolutely horrible yesterday, no ifs ands or buts about it

the defense once again won that game for us as it was well into the second half before teddy started throwing balls within reach of WRs instead of 5 ft over their heads or into the ground on wide open receivers who were guaranteed to make more yards and ghet those first downs we didnt get if the ball was anywhere remotely considered as catch able "in stride"

teddy is who the majority of us thought he was, a talented backup QB who can manage games for you and isnt anything more then that.

he is NOT our future QB or even a short term replacement for drew until we can draft a QB

i like teddy, i really do, he is a great guy, hell of a man and all in for our team, he just isnt anything more then he showed yesterday and thats not necessarily a bad thing, just not our answer for the future.

once again he had the happy feet and was indecisive and way way off target when he did throw, and he was not anything you could even remotely consider as accurate until the second half and it nearly cost us a game that should never have even been close. and no it wasnt the receivers fault it was 100% on teddy for those bad throws, the most notable was a wide open MT in the flat when we desperately needed that 1st down and the ball sails 6ft over his head out of bounds when teddy wasnt under pressure enough to blame for throwing such a horrible pass

so all you "teddy is a super bowl QB" sunshine pumpers will, i hope, finally give it a rest and just admit teddy is who we have seen him be and nothing more then a serviceable backup QB

Last edited:

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey renegadewa - I was one of those, especially after the Tampa game. Then as we all know, he looked pretty ugly against the Jags. imho, Whether he is the QB of the future is way too early to tell. If he improves as his games at starting QB continue, I think "there's a good chance." If we are seeing the best of Teddy, my answer is "probably not." But darnit, so far, all he does is win and I don't think he's any worse than Flaco or Dilfer who won SBs. And he's such a good story and supposedly a class act and leader well respected by his players. Have a fun weekend Brother!

Lol - I didn't even know this board existed till this morning
Heya Swimmer.........….

In all honesty with the hand that was forced on him Teddy really hasn't play bad at all. A first ballot HOF player is a tough act to follow!

He doesn't or hasn't made stupid mistakes that have cost the team and he protects the ball really well.

One thing I would really like to see from him is for him to trust himself a bit more because you can see his indecisiveness at times. There's been times when he's wanted to go downfield with the ball and doesn't pull the trigger for whatever reason. I'd like to see him let it rip and give his target a chance to make a play.

I'd like to see him get rid of the ball and not take as many sacks as he takes as well.

With all that said it's hard to argue with a 4-0 record with him under center!! I highly doubt that many Saints fans (myself included) saw that coming!

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I never had any thoughts that he was a Super Bowl QB. I did had hope that he could be our post-Brees QB but after a game or two I realized that isn't the case. All I wanted him to do is manage to win a few games to keep us in the hunt until Brees returns. We're 5-1 right now, better than I thought we'd be.
And there’s nothing wrong with that. I think you summed it up pretty well.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
We win five games in a row and I come here to celebrate with my fellow Whodats and the first four threads are downers complaining about everything you can possibly think of.

:frack:

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wish the OP would come back and put his thoughts after this game. If Ginn doesn't drop that TD, its an even bigger route by the offense.
But the OP was just being a troll...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom