Where are you with Marcus Williams now? (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't mind if they didn't resign him. WAAAY too many horrible plays, especially tackling. I can def see him and Eli Apple gone.
Agreed on both. Re-sign Vonn Bell and Lattimore. Apple has gotten beat like a drum the second half of the season. Williams is marginal.

Wow really?

We don't even think Williams could tackle a TE?

That's as bad as it gets and embarrassing.

I get it, but Kittle is a beast. He may be a loud-mouthed moron, but he’s a freak. He’s got 5 inches and 55lbs on Marcus Williams and he’s strong. Most Safeties are struggling mightily to handle Kittle full speed down the field.

Our whole secondary is scary. How do you explain how bad they were? It’s hit or miss. Sadly it will be the legacy for Brees. No D. 1 title. Should have had at least 3.

I'm done. No clutch gene in big games whatsoever. the bigger the moment the bigger his downfall.

I got on to post almost the same thread. I’m a fan of the majority of his game. However, his ability to tackle anyone is awful. I think that’s his undoing in NOLA. All the other stuff he does well can’t negate the inability to bring someone down when need be. If he can’t just throw himself at their legs and bring them down, they run over him.

Williams? I'm saying he had little chance to tackle him. Kittle was a mismatch. If he doesn't facemask him Kittle goes for a touchdown.

I think the game was over at that point either way and if a player is to be blamed on that one, to me it’s CJGJ...but Williams could have just pushed the much larger man out of bounds.

I love SR.com after a loss....board is quiet after a win but it lights up after a loss....I'm beginning to think this is a sure to hate on the Saints not support them.

These are really pointless debates especially 13 games into the season. However, being that he's under contract next season at a reasonable price (1.9million I think) and with all the other players that need to be signed or replaced in the secondary alone Apple, Vonn Bell, PJ Williams & Lattimore. Williams is the only starter currently signed for next season. So it seems to me we are all aboard the William train for another season at least. If the Saints are not smart we could see almost a complete turnover of the entire secondary (we spent drafting or trading for) next off season. IDK but that prospect scares me greatly considering how long it took to build it in the first place.

Vonn Bell and Lattimore will be resigned. They will look for Apples replacement and hopefully upgrade. CGJ is PJW insurance if they can’t work that out on the cheap.

Problem with safeties is unless they're in the box, you only tend to notice them when something has gone wrong. It's not often you see a safety in a one on one spot and since they aren't corners, they're usually just making the tackle if they can.

Probably one of those deals where Rev posts a video showing that Williams is playing better than he's gotten credit, but still making key mistakes or something. Like when people wanted to stupidly jump on Marcus Davenport.

I got on to post almost the same thread. I’m a fan of the majority of his game. However, his ability to tackle anyone is awful. I think that’s his undoing in NOLA. All the other stuff he does well can’t negate the inability to bring someone down when need be. If he can’t just throw himself at their legs and bring them down, they run over him.
What does he do well?

Run to the "right part of the filed?"

You see him trailing and coming into the play a day late and a $ short when he's supposed to be helping over the top...

Exactly. I honestly can't remember the last time he's made an impact play.
You hear this talk of being highly graded and playing great.

How is he being graded? Being I. The right place? Picking up the right man consistently?

Maybe that’s true but from the coach you can see his poor tackling, arriving over the top late, trailing the play, unable to find the ball in the air...

Huge disconnect between hype and observed reality, from day 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom