Where did this defense come from? (1 Viewer)

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Better awareness when the ball is in the air and the addition of Kwon. Also Patrick Robinson has been playing lights out as well.
And Jenkins.

They're all playing well and even at the beginning of the year it was one or two breakdowns that kept them from looking great.

I'm excited in hopes this keeps up.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The D held Tampa to 3 without Kwon. They have averaged allowing only 14.4 points per game since the bye week. It's certainly a team effort and better back end play, but IMO the D Line has been the biggest contributor to the defense's dominance.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was listening to the post game with Morris and he said the difference was the secondary more than the line. It’s obviously both but he said the coverage by the Saints was phenomenal.
The defense is playing well at all 3 levels, since both of the Jenkins have played great in the secondary, as well as Lattimore, while others have played well too, but I think the dline plus Demario have been the main difference makers. They have consistently made QBs uncomfortable, and moved them off of their mark.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The defense has been on the rise since Davenport returned. He is drawing the double team away from Jordan. That was the biggest change. He may not have the stats but Davenport is key. Him being back and having Gardner-Johnson suddenly develop into a LB/SS hybrid.
Agreed, since MD has come back our pass rush has improved exponentially. He doesn't have a bunch of sacks but OC's are definitely game-planning around him....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)