Votes: 23 13.1%
  • When the Saints had 12 starters out with injury

Votes: 84 48.0%
  • When receivers played like they had never seen a football before

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • When the refs put on their jerseys

Votes: 59 33.7%

• Total voters
I can already see some of that emotion over that horrendous call wearing off...Last night the terribad game changing mo mo sapping call was well in the lead...

All of the above, but we lost some serious momentum on that absurd penalty. The only thing we had going for us was Taysom’s runs, but that still doesn’t excuse the 4 pick night, which honestly should have been 7. I know people hated on Siemain, but geez, look at our putrid o-line. At least he didn’t throw a high number of picks. We just can’t win with our 3rd string offense.

Quicky, I agree on most of that, but I'm going to have to excuse any interception that happened after Tayson threw after the finger injury.

So I would say the main turning point was Tayson's finger injury, Let's not forget that play where the receiver tipped up that pass near the Dallas endzone that was intercepted by the Dallas CB going out of bounds. But the blindside call in the vid below was another in a long list of inexcusably bad calls that was certainly an important turning point.

The NFL has to fix this problem with poor officiating. Eye in the sky, whatever, but they seem to be oblivious to what is killing their product, and the officiating is a big part of the problems. They should also have full time officials, and take the lead from college with rules as well as officiating, which is much better than the NFL IMO, but it seems to me that the NFL is either too proud, too arrogant, too stupid, or all of the above to do so.

Quicky, I agree on most of that, but I'm going to have to excuse any interception that happened after Tayson threw after the finger injury.

So I would say the main turning point was Tayson's finger injury, Let's not forget that play where the receiver tipped up that pass near the Dallas endzone that was intercepted by the Dallas CB going out of bounds. But the blindside call in the vid below was another in a long list of inexcusably bad calls that was certainly an important turning point.

The NFL has to fix this problem with poor officiating. Eye in the sky, whatever, but they seem to be oblivious to what is killing their product, and the officiating is a big part of the problems. They should also have full time officials, and take the lead from college with rules as well as officiating, which is much better than the NFL IMO, but it seems to me that the NFL is either too proud, too arrogant, too stupid, or all of the above to do so.

I hate the "speed of game" excuse they keep throwing out there for not doing an eye in the sky. The TH fumble they overturned in seconds...that same review process could've righted that wrong call in the same amount of time.

The NFL has problems, but they're almost all self inflicted and they show no interest in fixing any of it. To me the problem starts at the top (Goodell), but he's given his power by the owners...so something has to change there first before anything else changes.

Fans need to walkout, hit them where it hurts, until that happens, GOodell will remain in charge and nothing will change.

Last edited:

We’ve been pleading for them to fix horrible officiating for years. Seems it’s not going to happen anytime soon, sadly. We get the most insane calls/no calls against us. I agree that the finger messed Taysom up. I excuse the pass to Stills, but some of them just seemed careless to me, like throwing into tight coverage against their best corner and not getting it high enough over the line. I don’t know.

I'll go off the board for the first interception by Dallas. The Saints were driving into the Red Zone to tie or take the lead. Taysom at that point was 12-20 for about 150 yards, one TD and no picks, even with the hand. The ball clanks off Stills' hands and the DB makes an amazing play for the pick. Dallas drives down and scores to take a 13-7 lead into the half.

There were other key points--the pick 6 in the 4th; the phantom blind-side block call. But that early INT was a key momentum shift, especially since it was very catchable ball...

The team that beat the Packers on week one doesn’t lose last week or yesterday but not the team we have now. We are extremely depleted.

I'll go off the board for the first interception by Dallas. The Saints were driving into the Red Zone to tie or take the lead. Taysom at that point was 12-20 for about 150 yards, one TD and no picks, even with the hand. The ball clanks off Stills' hands and the DB makes an amazing play for the pick. Dallas drives down and scores to take a 13-7 lead into the half.

There were other key points--the pick 6 in the 4th; the phantom blind-side block call. But that early INT was a key momentum shift, especially since it was very catchable ball...
He shouldn't have thrown that ball...it was 2nd and 10, the play really wasn't there, he forced the issue when he didn't have to.

Rewind back to week 1, the consensus best throw of the game was the one JW didn't make where he wanted to take the shot, saw it wasn't there and he threw it away...why excuse TH's crap throw while we all know what he should've done.

264 yards passing, 101 yards rushing and 2 tds passing .....we lost the game with the 4 interceptions and the missed TD to TQS.

Hill played a hell of a game, his finger injury affected some of his throws but he showed up and kept that Dallas Defense on its heels

We were never ahead to even lose the game. Great Effort by our defense, but in the end offensive talent aka Dallas will always overwhelm under average injured teams 99% of the time.

He shouldn't have thrown that ball...it was 2nd and 10, the play really wasn't there, he forced the issue when he didn't have to.

Rewind back to week 1, the consensus best throw of the game was the one JW didn't make where he wanted to take the shot, saw it wasn't there and he threw it away...why excuse TH's crap throw while we all know what he should've done.
Payton said during his post game press conference that the throw to Stills was against the coverage the play was designed for. Payton told the reporter coming out of halftime that he wasn't happy about the dropped pass that lead to an interception before the end of the first half and that he was happy about the QB play.

Those seem to indicate that Payton thinks Hill made the right decision and throw. It seems Payton thinks that the interception was on Stills.

Wait… a flag was thrown on that play? Where, why??? It was just a regular play where the block was picked up?

The Saints have an almost insurmountable hill to climb with the myriad of injuries… but if flags are thrown on them for plays like that (where no penalty clearly occurred) then what chance do they have?

I’m glad I didn’t see that happen live… I believe that could’ve been the play to have me write-off the NFL completely and focus exclusively on the college game and the NHL.

Wait… a flag was thrown on that play? Where, why??? It was just a regular play where the block was picked up?

The Saints have an almost insurmountable hill to climb with the myriad of injuries… but if flags are thrown on them for plays like that (where no penalty clearly occurred) then what chance do they have?

I’m glad I didn’t see that happen live… I believe that could’ve been the play to have me write-off the NFL completely and focus exclusively on the college game and the NHL.
Yep. Even Buck & Aikman were genuinely livid about that flag, which not only killed our drive, but it led to Dallas scoring on their ensuing possession.

BTW, Payton was on the sidelines calling out every official within earshot. It truly was 'NOLA No-Call' egregious & cringeworthy!

The INT at the end of the half. We were in FG range and driving well. Sean gets aggressive and the tipped pass gets picked. Dallas gets a FG going into the half and now what could have been us up 4 or at worse tied, we are down 6 and never really threatened again.

The blindside block was preposterous - but who’s to say we even score on that drive. Still it was egregious and pathetic.
The blindside block was the worst, and most pivotal call of the game. Taysom had just completed a pass for a first down on a third down play. So we went from a first down to a punt. Dallas subsequently gets the long TD to go up 10 and the game just unraveled from that point on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom