Votes: 23 13.1%
  • When the Saints had 12 starters out with injury

Votes: 84 48.0%
  • When receivers played like they had never seen a football before

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • When the refs put on their jerseys

Votes: 59 33.7%

• Total voters
The problem is that Siemian would’ve been worse with that rush and no Kamara. Until that long TD run, we could’ve continued to stay run heavy with Taysom, but that took us out of that approach and sealed the game.
No he wouldn't have. In 3+ games TS threw 3 interceptions and 9 TDs. Hill? 4 picks and 2 TDs in one game.

I would have rather TS throw the ball and TH run last night. If we throw 1 pick as opposed to 4, the game is much different.

And I like Hill, but his injury was enough that TS should have come in for TH.

Quicky, I agree on most of that, but I'm going to have to excuse any interception that happened after Tayson threw after the finger injury.

So I would say the main turning point was Tayson's finger injury, Let's not forget that play where the receiver tipped up that pass near the Dallas endzone that was intercepted by the Dallas CB going out of bounds. But the blindside call in the vid below was another in a long list of inexcusably bad calls that was certainly an important turning point.

The NFL has to fix this problem with poor officiating. Eye in the sky, whatever, but they seem to be oblivious to what is killing their product, and the officiating is a big part of the problems. They should also have full time officials, and take the lead from college with rules as well as officiating, which is much better than the NFL IMO, but it seems to me that the NFL is either too proud, too arrogant, too stupid, or all of the above to do so.

Not to brag, but The Schwartz Be With You blocked me on Twitter after his last round of “the Saints are paying Taysom Hill what?” And I replied with …

Dude is Charmin Soft.

Starters Out with Injury

1. Jameis Winston
2. Alvin Kamara
3. Mike Thomas
4. Ryan Ramchek
5. Andres Peat
6. Adam Trautman
7. Marcus Davenport
8. Payton Turner
9. CD Juice
10. Terron Armstead
11. ?
12. ?
Lutz
Kpassagno
Roach

So 13. Man, looking at the talent on this list makes me want to throw up.

Blindside block call. 100% made up out of thin air. We probably still don’t win, but that call was meant to change momentum, and the ref did his job. I’ve never seen that call in The backfield like that, and I bet we never see it again.

Agreed, I've been a Saints fan since the beginning in 1967, once thought the NFL could do no wrong...No Flag was a hit to that opinion but this blindside block call has a stink to it that seems very intentional and has really cheapened the NFL product for me.

If the finger was preventing him from being effective, and it’s possible it was, then he should have been pulled.

But the problems last night were reminiscent of struggles he’s had on other occasions.
Yeah I can see that. I also saw some pretty decent QB play before the injury. Taysom is never going to be a franchise QB but he can be effective in an NFL level offense. He wasn't playing in an NFL level offense. None of them were.

So an injury requiring a splint on the finger of his throwing couldn't possibly be an excuse for poor throws while being smashed every time he throws is not an excuse unless it's some other QB

The Taysom hate on this board is reaching idiotic proportions. Y'all sound like spoiled brats whining about being given a Toyota instead of Lexus.
Then Taysom should have been on the bench after the injury.

264 yards passing, 101 yards rushing and 2 tds passing .....we lost the game with the 4 interceptions and the missed TD to TQS.

Hill played a hell of a game, his finger injury affected some of his throws but he showed up and kept that Dallas Defense on its heels
YES a moral victory, but still counts as a loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom