Where do I go to get a dog? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I want to get a puppy, probably a boxer puppy. I don't want to pay over 100 dollars. What do I do?

there are several rescue groups all over and for all different breads. normally the adoption fee is minimal.
that is how i got my last dog.

You can also talk to your local SPCA and let them know what you are looking at. At least here they will put you on a list and when they get what you are looking for they will give you a call.

You are receiving some great information here. There are so many GREAT pets that just get casted away. If you can at least give the rescue groups / spca a try you will be helping out in a big way.

wienerschnitzel.jpg

I have a dog that adopted us. She is sweet as can be and has been here for two weeks now. She is house trained and about a year old. She is a mix breed but I can promise she will make someone a great pet. She is about 30lbs and I don't think she will get much bigger. If anyone is interested please let me know because we can't keep her since we already have 3 dogs.

One thing you might not want to 'save' on, is a dog. Getting one from a reputable breeder is no guarantee that they won't have problems but if the dog does come from a mill or some other place you can't do some homework on, you might end up paying more in vet bills down the road. And the temperament of those animals is usually less predictable then if you know what the blood line is.

That being said, there are lots of great dogs at shelters who need a good home. I'd educate yourself to the risks of the breed and see if you can ask some good questions before bringing him or her home.

Dogs rule!

Can you take a picture of her bc? I am really wanting a very small dog, but I am not firm on that. I have looked at a few pictures of dogs online today, and some just strike you.

How active is this dog?

Ditto to all the above. Check with your local SPCA for dogs that need homes. You won't regret it, shelter / rescue dogs make amazing pets and companions!

My red nose pit just delivered eleven pups. Im pretty sure by looking at them that the father is a german shepherd. I may never know for sure because she broke through the planks of my wooden side gate and apparently tramped through the neighborhood like some brazen harlot birch. She was waiting for me by the front door the next morning but the damage was already done.

The pups just opened their eyes and should be weaned by Christmas. I would be happy to release one into your custody for shipping costs and a $20 dollar donation to the site, if you promise not to feed it to a snake.

I will post pictures as soon as possible

I just tried to access some pictures and got the following message:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
MyAlbum is in a period of temporary downtime.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

Note: All content and messages sent from your
phone to the system will be viewable when
normal service resumes
-----------------------------------------------------------------

O'well
I will try again tomorrow

Jayden, she is not hyper but she is active. She is big enough to where you could have her as an inside or outside dog. She is playfull but if you don't feel like playing she understands and will lay down somewhere. She does get on the couch but I haven't told her she can't. She likes to lay on your feet and you can tell she wants to be close but I have not let myself get attached because she has to go. She does get extremely excited about food. We have calmed her down a bit but once she gets steady meals without 3 other dogs drooling I don't think that would be an issue.

Here are some pics.

Just kidding.

Here she is

If you want a boxer then you should get one from a breeder who knows how to care for them once they are born. They are lovely dogs but can be a handful. My nieghbor's boxer would run through thier fence from time to time when she wasn't happy about being in the back yard. She was sweet as can be though.

But if you really want a cheap dog you can find one on the street for free like I did.

47b5da28b3127cce91461fdbcf5300000016108IZM3Llm0bC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom