Where do we go from here? Needs to fill. (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Questions abound?

Did we see enough with Jameis at QB to roll the dice on him for another season?
Please don't tell me Taysom is our QB1?
Do we go after Russ or Deshaun (provided his legal trouble are behind him)?
Drafting a QB is likely not in the cards this year. Certainly a down year with no QB projected in the top 10 in a long time.

WR2 and maybe WR1
MT remains an enigma. Does he come back and if so with the right attitude or do we trade him to get more draft capital?
WR1 or WR2 seems like the logical pick in round 1. We all know it take WR's generally a year or two to catch on.

Defense seems to be solid and could largely stay together but yet there are question there.
Do we make Marcus Williams a rich man or let him go?
Do we have a CB2 opposite Marshon?
Do we pay Ceedy Deuce or let him walk in free agency after this year?

I don't mention the cap because it's way over my pay grade and Loomis and team seem to be magicians.

Last edited:
Questions abound?

Did we see enough with Jameis at QB to roll the dice on him for another season?
Please don't tell me Taysom is our QB1?
Do we go after Russ or Deshaun (provided his legal trouble are behind him)?
Drafting a QB is likely not in the cards this year. Certainly a down year with no QB projected in the top 10 is a long time.

WR2 and maybe WR1
MT remains an enigma. Does he come back and if so with the right attitude or do we trade him to get more draft capital?
WR1 or WR2 seems like the logical pick in round 1. We all know it take WR's generally a year or two to catch on.

Defense seems to be solid and could largely stay together but yet there are question there.
Do we make Marcus Williams a rich man or let him go?
Do we have a CB2 opposite Marshon?
Do we pay Ceedy Deuce or let him walk in free agency after this year?

I don't mention the cap because it's way over my pay grade and Loomis and team seem to be magicians.
Don't forget we need a solid accurate field goal kicker.

WR1 & 3....Everyone else...get healthy. This isn't a rebuild situation...this is an off-season full of healing up your guys

Sign OBJ or Allen Robinson
Extend Armstead
Sign Oj Hoard or Zach Ertz
Resign Winston for cheap
Draft Malik Willis
Draft BPA
Look for a quality interior oline. I would consider trying to trade Ruiz for someone with a higher floor.

I think you draft a wr high who can become your #1. I wouldn't head into next year counting on MT again.

The QB situation is complex. While I grew to really like Jameis Winston as a person and felt awful with the way he got hurt, his performance was just ok to me. He was at his best when he could either scramble or throw the deep ball. Everything in between was iffy, although it's obvious he was light years better than what we're seeing now and it's terribly unfortunate we didn't get a full season to see him play.

The questions with JW are 1) does the knee injury permanently remove the scrambling ability from his game, 2) can he improve his intermediate passing game and 3) could we even afford to sign him next year?

Then, what is the real deal with Taysom? Do they still believe in him as a QB or was that contract aimed at a permanent hybrid role? If we're to assume the latter, then...

What the hell does Payton really think about Book? He got very few snaps in preseason for a 4th round pick -- oddly in favor of giving Siemian a bunch of snaps instead. Made no sense since they kept both anyway and TS is what he is as a player and that's not much.

So, QB, WR, TE and even RB are the biggest question marks for me heading into next year knowing we have zero cap space to bring in any meaningful FAs at those positions.

The D in the off-season seems to be all about M. Williams and I guess Davenport. Not sure we can afford to keep Williams.

Alright you’re going to have to explain this one

Simple.. Loomis hasn’t done sheet. He had 1 elite draft class. - other than that, it has been a series of gambles with 1st round picks. Also we have simply ignored needs at QB and WR the last 3 years. We can’t seem to sign free agents at positions of need, either, . Also, we have thrown ridiculous amount of money at players who have attitude problems, are injury prone, or are named Taysom Hill.

Sign OBJ or Allen Robinson
Extend Armstead
Sign Oj Hoard or Zach Ertz
Resign Winston for cheap
Draft Malik Willis
Draft BPA
Look for a quality interior oline. I would consider trying to trade Ruiz for someone with a higher floor.
Problem is Ruiz has no value, ask Drew's ribs.
Simple.. Loomis hasn’t done sheet. He had 1 elite draft class. - other than that, it has been a series of gambles with 1st round picks. Also we have simply ignored needs at QB and WR the last 3 years. We can’t seem to sign free agents at positions of need, either, . Also, we have thrown ridiculous amount of money at players who have attitude problems, are injury prone, or are named Taysom Hill.
None of that is on Loomis

QB1
WR1
WR2
WR3
TE1
TE2
OGx1
Tx1 as I don’t think Armstead plays another season. His play has really dropped off this year.

So basically, a whole new offense. Probably need another pass rusher too as Turnenport is only going to combine for 5 games a season and Jordan isn’t the pass rusher he used to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom