Where do we turn for the future at qb? (1 Viewer)

xkeith031x

SR lurker Extraordinaire
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Everybody on this board knows I am one of the biggest Brees fans/supporters there is.

But where do we go when this era ends?

Do we look to draft a competent and high end qb? Or do we look south and try to blossom an underdog?

I like GG. a lot. And that's personally. I have met and spoke to the man and he is a great character. Honest and otherwise. Having said that, the performance I have seen from him since his induction has been disappointing at best. He has bright spots but his judgement is quite shaky.

I would absolutely love a young qb coming in under drew (for the next several years) and learning what it takes and means to be a TRUE class act and leader; but will that actually happen?

Its ponderous man... Ponderous.

Quarterback is the least of our worries. Better put together a line that can block or it won't matter who we put at QB.

Don't offer Brees a contract. Suck for a few years, build through the draft and get a young QB.

The biggest problem and concern I have with finding a replacement for Brees, which is an eventuality at some point, is Payton and Loomis being the ones to find it. In looking at the drafts and F/A signings they have been responsible for since the SB, I do not really trust them to find that QB. Grayson? Really? And Payton went to evaluate him one on one.

The biggest problem and concern I have with finding a replacement for Brees, which is an eventuality at some point, is Payton and Loomis being the ones to find it. In looking at the drafts and F/A signings they have been responsible for since the SB, I do not really trust them to find that QB. Grayson? Really? And Payton went to evaluate him one on one.

Like it was Haslett that signed Brees... maybe it was just luck but it was Payton and Loomis that brought Brees in.

It is true that what is going to happen once Brees is no more part of the New Orleans Saints is a big enigma. My best guess is that we'll get a veteran not too old (Sanchez, Bradford, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith...), draft another QB in the 2nd or third and let the competition begins.

But, I doubt we'll be as lucky as the Packers or the Colts (Rogers, Luck).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom