Where do we turn next? (1 Viewer)

yankmccobb76

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, apparently we missed out on both Briggs and Samuel but were able to pick up an outstanding MLB and leader for our defense in Jon Vilma. So, where shoud we turn our attention to next? Who is available that could help this team?

RFA's:
Michael Boley OLB
Eric Green - CB
Bo Scaife - TE

UFA's:
Randall Gay - CB
Sammy Davis - CB
Landon Johnson - LB
Dan Morgan - LB
Isaac Sopoaga - DT
Larry Tripplett - DT
D.J. Hackett - WR
Bryant Johnson - WR

Just some guys I think that could potentially help us become a better team.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, apparently we missed out on both Briggs and Samuel but were able to pick up an outstanding MLB and leader for our defense in Jon Vilma. So, where shoud we turn our attention to next? Who is available that could help this team?

RFA's:
Michael Boley OLB
Eric Green - CB
Bo Scaife - TE

UFA's:
Randall Gay - CB
Sammy Davis - CB
Landon Johnson - LB
Dan Morgan - LB
Isaac Sopoaga - DT
Larry Tripplett - DT
D.J. Hackett - WR
Bryant Johnson - WR

Just some guys I think that could potentially help us become a better team.

Gay would be a good signing...

That dude in your avatar would be a good pickup too.....Lofton has the makings of a pretty good MLB, IMHO.

mony_b22

All-Pro
Reaction score
Can't cry over spilled milk, we are just going to have to go after mid tier ala boss bailey and demorrio williams. I would haven't felt so bad if we had got 2 out of 3. With MLB,WLB and Cb being positions with most need. Well, we still have the draft and under Paytons watch, we have made draft day trades.

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is why we can't trade our draft picks wildly for everyone who's available. (Vilma being the exception). Getting quality free agents are a problem. We need to realize that. Drafting is the key to building successfully for us, especially this year because of the defensie talent available.

Say no to all the RFA and the remaining trades...sign Gay, DE Laboy, OLB Colvin, resign TEs Billy Miller and Johnson...and go for the draft.

OP
OP
yankmccobb76

yankmccobb76

All-Pro
Reaction score
Gay would be a good signing...

That dude in your avatar would be a good pickup too.....Lofton has the makings of a pretty good MLB, IMHO.

Not sure we could find a better MLB than Vilma so I don't know how that affects the possiblity of us picking Lofton. I'd go after Rivers @ #10 I think then go corner in the second......maybe Cason, Flowers or whoever might drop to us.

DrudkhFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think we take the Canadian's advice.
Crable.jpg

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, let's pin all our hopes on a college LB noone wants until the 3rd round! That'll get us to the SuperBowl, with 0 CB help!

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Yeah, let's pin all our hopes on a college LB noone wants until the 3rd round! That'll get us to the SuperBowl, with 0 CB help!

I'd rather have more front 7 help. We did that in part with Vilma. Nate Clements didn't exactly Super Bowl champs out of the 49ers didn't he? You think that's why they also sprung for Justin Smith?

lilvipa221

Champs!!!!
Reaction score
rod coleman clark haggans calvin pace ty law boss bailey travis laboy bobby mccray demorrio williams darwin walker and brian kelly all cant make an impact? there is still plenty of talent out there

Satanic_Saint

Fried Out Saints Freak
Reaction score
I might be crazy but i never wanted Briggs. I think Shanle is a good enough wlb and Vilma is gonna make everybody on the d better with his leadership skills but I do think we should sign randall gay. He is still young and will get better and he is from LSU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom