Where do you rank Joe? (1 Viewer)

Really hard to argue now, and for that matter hard to argue that any college QB ever had a better season than Burreaux.

Also hard to argue for any other college team ever having a more impressive season than LSU. Part of it is the playoff system allowing it, but no other team has beaten as many top 10 teams in one season as LSU did this year, and I'm not even talking about where teams were ranked when they played them. Even looking at the end of season rankings, no one else can claim the number of top 25 or top 10 opponents they beat than LSU did this year. Look at their schedule as though it were about to happen and you'd call it absolutely brutal, maybe even unfair. Yet they went unbeaten through that crazy gauntlet, and made many of their top ranked opponents look silly in the process. INSANE SEASON!

Really hard to argue now, and for that matter hard to argue that any college QB ever had a better season than Burreaux.

Also hard to argue for any other college team ever having a more impressive season than LSU. Part of it is the playoff system allowing it, but no other team has beaten as many top 10 teams in one season as LSU did this year, and I'm not even talking about where teams were ranked when they played them. Even looking at the end of season rankings, no one else can claim the number of top 25 or top 10 opponents they beat than LSU did this year. Look at their schedule as though it were about to happen and you'd call it absolutely brutal, maybe even unfair. Yet they went unbeaten through that crazy gauntlet, and made many of their top ranked opponents look silly in the process. INSANE SEASON!

Yeah, I'd say that because of the number of top teams LSU played this season and how they dominated almost all of their opponents, I can't think of any other college football team who had a better season. Certainly the most prolific offensively.

I'm curious if LSU can continue to play at or near this level with a new signal caller. Big shoes to fill now that Joe is going pro.

You know Brennan has got to be waking up this morning realizing, "Oh shirt, I have to follow THAT up?"

Yep. I think he'll be alright. Certainly not expecting Burrow like numbers, but enough to put up 10 wins. I think the defense will have to play better next season if the Tigers are gonna stay in the mix for the SEC title next season.

I feel pretty confident in saying that no one expects Brennan to follow up with a comparable season next year. I do feel that 4,000 yards and 30 TDs is within the realm of expectation, though. LSU fans will be pretty happy with that.

* And... the Bama game was at Bama...

Yep. I think he'll be alright. Certainly not expecting Burrow like numbers, but enough to put up 10 wins. I think the defense will have to play better next season if the Tigers are gonna stay in the mix for the SEC title next season.

How many of the WR's return?

And RB's?

(And Linemen?)

I feel pretty confident in saying that no one expects Brennan to follow up with a comparable season next year. I do feel that 4,000 yards and 30 TDs is within the realm of expectation, though. LSU fans will be pretty happy with that.
I feel pretty confident that there are a lot of unrealistic fans that expect him to be Burrow next year LOL!

How many of the WR's return?

And RB's?

(And Linemen?)

Enough that they'll do a lot of damage in the SEC next season. I guess the question has to be whether Brennan can keep up with the complexities of the offense put in place by Brady.

I believe Burrow has had the best season a QB could every hope to have. He now sets the bar. This team, IMO, is the greatest single season college football team EVER! 2019/2020 LSU Tiger now set the bar.

It's just extraordinary how Burrow was able to torch Clemson's best DB. Their best DB on the best College defense. Clemson had only allowed 9 passing TD's all year. Joe had 5 in one game, one called back and knelt down on the 5yd line to end the game. What he has done is unfathomable in today's modern football era. Extraordinary times 1000.

I'm really wondering if this is a once in a lifetime accomplishment. Something we may never see again in college football? How wonderful for LSU to take this place in football history given the last 8 years of shortcomings against Alabama.

Wonderful for Louisiana......

Last edited:
Has your opinion changed? A whole lot of people that aren't LSU fans are already saying it.

My opinion has changed. It's hard to compare teams from different years, but it's definitely in the running. Burrow had the best year a QB has ever had. It's hard to think that any past championship team would be able to stop this offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom