Where do you rank Joe? (1 Viewer)

I believe Burrow has had the best season a QB could every hope to have. He now sets the bar. This team, IMO, is the greatest single season college football team EVER! 2019/2020 LSU Tiger now set the bar.

It's just extraordinary how Burrow was able to torch Clemson's best DB. Their best DB on the best College defense. Clemson had only allowed 9 passing TD's all year. Joe had 5 in one game, one called back and knelt down on the 5yd line to end the game. What he has done is unfathomable in today's modern football era. Extraordinary times 1000.
One of the big questions for the top prospects who are moving into the NFL are things like the physicality needed to play with the other pros. Guys who are made of glass usually don't last long once they are subjected to the rigors of the NFL. I was among those who wondered how badly Joe was hurt when he took that hit on the first TD pass to Moss in the championship game.
Well, now we know... https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-bu...ilage-college-football-playoff-023855717.html

The dude's really got it! :9:

Do you think he’s the best Tiger football player of all time and if not who would you put ahead of him?

Best Tiger football player of all time. Man, that is a hell of a debate. For a single season it's a very simple answer because Burrow had the best season of any player at any position in college football history. I also feel like he did more for LSU than any one player in history because he took a team that was just a step away for a decade and went through two college football dynasties to break the mold in which the team was stuck. He made the laughing stock of college football offense legendary in 15 games.

So he is easily the best Tiger ever right? I don't think so. Guys like Billy Cannon, Kevin Faulk, Wendell Davis, Marcus Spears, Corey Webster, Laron Landry, Eric Martin, Dalton Hilliard, Ryan Clark, Dwayne Bowe, Bradie James and Glenn Dorsey who contributed over 4 seasons and were dominant for at least two of them deserve a lot of credit for their play.

Then you have the guys that came in and played 3 years like Patrick Peterson, LF7, Jamal Adams and OBJ who are just superstars and did so much for the team on the field while here and even more for the team after they left. These guys help with recruiting more than any of us will probably ever realize.

To me though, the best all time tiger goes to a guy most probably don't ever think about. Andrew Whitworth started the 2nd most games of any player in NCAA history. He led the teams in snaps for 4 straight years and played 3 different positions on the offensive line. He went two straight seasons without ever allowing a sack including one at LT. He was a road grader in the running game, team captain for 3 years and never missed a practice. He has been underrated his entire career, a 6'7 guy that is now 39 years old and still playing at a high level in the NFL after 14 seasons and almost never missing a game. In 2014 he didn't allow a single sack in the NFL and still didn't get voted to the Pro Bowl. In high school at 6'7 275lbs he was a tennis champion that showed the rare athletic ability for a man his size. To me, showing up and going to work every single day for 4 seasons while being dominant on the field and a leader off the field is really difficult to top by a single season, even if that single season is the closest thing to perfection I've seen.

To me though, the best all time tiger goes to a guy most probably don't ever think about. Andrew Whitworth started the 2nd most games of any player in NCAA history. He led the teams in snaps for 4 straight years and played 3 different positions on the offensive line. He went two straight seasons without ever allowing a sack including one at LT. He was a road grader in the running game, team captain for 3 years and never missed a practice. He has been underrated his entire career, a 6'7 guy that is now 39 years old and still playing at a high level in the NFL after 14 seasons and almost never missing a game. In 2014 he didn't allow a single sack in the NFL and still didn't get voted to the Pro Bowl. In high school at 6'7 275lbs he was a tennis champion that showed the rare athletic ability for a man his size. To me, showing up and going to work every single day for 4 seasons while being dominant on the field and a leader off the field is really difficult to top by a single season, even if that single season is the closest thing to perfection I've seen.
Yes... it's a shame that these 'non-glamorous' positions aren't generally held in such high esteem by the fans or the media. And yet most often it is these 'trench guys' who really make the 'glory guys' look so good.

While it's true that in this team sport no kid is bigger than the sum of all the parts, guys like Joe Burrow does make the difference between a good season and an epic one! But I'm just glad that we had all the right parts in place for this season. It's hard to imagine that we will see anything like it for a long time... if ever!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom