Where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Which do you consider yourself to be

• Total voters

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm sitting here and I'm wondering how many liberals, how many conservatives and how many are neither.

With the understanding that "conservative" doesn't equal Republican, I would consider myself conservative.

Yeah I'm just a little slow lol.

The 'somewhere in between' selection are most of us Im guessing. I dont even think you can really say anymore that there are a hard set of beliefs that make one 'conservative' or 'liberal' anymore. Besides some very general ones I guess.

For instance, Im a self-labelled moderate liberal. But Im a capitalist and an individualist. Im also more hawkish in foreign affairs than most liberals these days and believe in a strong military. My stances on things like gay marriage, gays in the military, feminism, secularism are considered 'liberal'. The most personal freedom of choice for as many people as possible. I guess that's considered liberal these days.

Somewhere in between :)

Last edited:
I still can't figure out why any freedom loving American would want to be a "Conservative." The very definition and roots of conservatism simply states a preservation of the status quo in power, wealth, etc. Conservatism, IMHO, is anti-American. :17:

TPS

I still can't figure out why any freedom loving American would want to be a "Conservative." The very definition and roots of conservatism simply states a preservation of the status quo in power, wealth, etc. Conservatism, IMHO, is anti-American. :17:

TPS

red_x_mark.jpg

:ezbill:

TPS

Was that your evasive way of answering the inquiry, or just a rant? :hihi:

TPS

It's anti-american... until you become one. :hihi:

Nobody knows what those labels mean anymore, but I guess I would have to say neither. My political views probably resemble more libertarianism than anything else.

But I also think following one "ideology" is not the best way to go. Unfortunately, too many in this country view politics through the prism of party and ideology.

TPS

Obviously we do not share the same definition of 'conservative.' Modern, so-called 'liberalism' is anti-American, imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom