N/S Where Does Reid Rank With A Second Championship? (1 Viewer)

I don't think you realize how hard it is for a coach to get in the HOF
I know it’s hard, but if Payton can get to 200’wins, he’s in. There’s only one coach with 200 plus wins that’s not in the Hall and it’s the one without a championship. Marty S.

Payton is in. He’s got the championship. He’s in the top 15 in playoff wins. The closer he gets to 200 wins, the more it is a lock.
I think he’s going to have to show he can do it without Drew Brees. If he has three more years of sub par seasons it Will have a lasting affect on how people perceive him.

SP just needs 57 more wins to reach 200, assuming he averages at least 9 wins a year (which is probably attainable especially now that the NFL is shoehorning a 17th game into the season) he'll need a little more than 6 seasons to get there. Unless something strange happens I can foresee him being here for at least another 6 years

Reid has a pretty good chance. Not only one of the better offensive minds out there, but took a moderately talented Philly team to a Super Bowl. He has taken a pretty decent KC team and with the addition of a QB that matches Reid’s mentality. Now is that because Mahomes is that good, or is it that Reid is tweaking his offense to his strengths. I think it’s Reid has adapted his coaching to get the most out of his QB.

it’s like Payton. He developed and has tweaked an offense to fit his QB and won a SB with him. I’m not sure Payton is a lock yet. Now if he can take this team with say Winston or Stafford at QB to the super bowl or year after year of wins like he has while adapting his offense then he will be in.
The reason schottenhiemer will never be in the HOF is he never grew as a coach, never did anything revolutionary. He played Marty ball everywhere he went no matter what talent he had.

Reid has a pretty good chance. Not only one of the better offensive minds out there, but took a moderately talented Philly team to a Super Bowl. He has taken a pretty decent KC team and with the addition of a QB that matches Reid’s mentality. Now is that because Mahomes is that good, or is it that Reid is tweaking his offense to his strengths. I think it’s Reid has adapted his coaching to get the most out of his QB.

it’s like Payton. He developed and has tweaked an offense to fit his QB and won a SB with him. I’m not sure Payton is a lock yet. Now if he can take this team with say Winston or Stafford at QB to the super bowl or year after year of wins like he has while adapting his offense then he will be in.
The reason schottenhiemer will never be in the HOF is he never grew as a coach, never did anything revolutionary. He played Marty ball everywhere he went no matter what talent he had.
One could also make a decent argument that bad luck or being the victim numerous times of heartbreaking unfortunate circumstances to Elway's late-game heroics (The Drive, the Fumble), could partly be to blame for Marty never getting HOF induction. As great, talented, and dominant as his 1990's Chiefs teams were especially on defense, the mid-late 80's Browns teams were closest he ever came to appearing in a Super Bowl, save Montana-led 1993 Chiefs team that sort of overachieved and were physically and emotionally worn out squad by the time they played Bills in 1993 AFCCG. We both know how weak and lacking in strength and depth most AFC teams were from mid-80's-late 90's, so I don't think Browns beat New York Giants or Red skins in those respective SB's, if they'd somehow managed to hold off or engineered ways to win those AFCCG'S they lost to Denver, but perhaps maybe Marty's potential HOF resume looks better, more appealing if he has 2 SB appearances under his belt it's. If we're willing to shift this hypothetical scenario even further, maybe if old Browns appear in those back-to-back SB's, it gives Browns FO and Art Modell more leverage to get that new downtown Cleveland stadium built in the early 1990's with city's new downtown Gateway urban revival/commercial redevelopment project.

Reid already has 231 wins as a NFL HC. He's only had a handful of losing seasons(3 as far as I know with Eagles(1999, 2005, and 2012) and he's had winning seasons every year since he arrived as Chiefs HC in 2013(2014 was only season one of his Chiefs teams didnt make the postseason), of a HC who's been so dominant and won so much over the past 20 years, and his offensive innovator reputation, I'd say his chances are very great, and likely he's a future first-ballot HOF right now,.even if he doesn't get a second Lombardi trophy in less than two weeks. If

I understand all too well the Hercullean expectations and almost unreasonably high levels of excellence HOF has in considering HC's for induction, but even with just 1 Super Bowl win, and the very likely fact Reid will be coaching for several more seasons, if he ends up with over 260-270 overall wins, he's in, irregardless of whatever irrational, emotionally-based arguments his lasting few vociferous critics try to use and embarrass themselves in the process making.

I think Reid's overall win-loss HC record right now makes him a first-ballot future HOF lock.

Those Coors Light ads are gonna get him in very soon.
A little tidbit about the latest commercial.

Near the beginning of the ad, the black and white pic of Flores on the field is in the Superdome before Super Bowl XV against the Eagles.

I was supposed to go to the Dome to help pass out yellow ribbons to support the Iranian hostages but plans changed at the last minute.

I loved those old orange scoreboards.

Here is a partial screenshot of the pic from the video:

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.14.41 PM.png

Payton may have to fake his own death to get in, because there's no way Goodell would let him have the satisfaction of knowing he made it. Even though they're an independent organization.

I think Reid has been a great coach for a long time, it would be a real slap in the face to deny him.

A lot has been made about Mahomes and where he is all time with a second championship and rightfully so. He’s on his way to becoming an all time great. But I think Andy Reid is getting overlooked. Where does he rank? Another championship makes him the greatest Chiefs coach of all time, beating HOFer Hank Stram. Is he top 5? Top 10? HOF worthy?
Tom Flores

I went to the Super Bowl with the Eagles and Raiders as an eighth grader. I remember the gold ribbons outside the dome. Also remember my father complaining about how much the tickets cost...$42 dollars. He got off easy compared to the $700 dollars a piece I spent on the Saints Super Bowl tickets. Rod Martin 3 interceptions.

I went to the Super Bowl with the Eagles and Raiders as an eighth grader. I remember the gold ribbons outside the dome. Also remember my father complaining about how much the tickets cost...$42 dollars. He got off easy compared to the $700 dollars a piece I spent on the Saints Super Bowl tickets. Rod Martin 3 interceptions.
The craziest things about that game and perhaps to a larger extent, that Raiders SB-winning team, was that the Eagles were favored to win the game and many NFL insiders felt they had a better, more talented squad who was more committed to winning and Oakland that season had been projected to finish last in the AFC West in 1980 and many believed back then and some still do, the Raiders probably weren't the best teams in the AFC back then, San Diego and Cleveland's "Cardiac Kids" were and in both postseason games, Oakland miracously found ways to beat both. Legendary HOF Raiders Gene Upshaw, Art Shell, Jim Plunkett, and All-Pro MLB Matt Millen have all said that team was about as lucky as they were great. Upshaw on 1980 Raiders America's Game documentary said that he sincerely believed if Browns had a better FG(Don Cockroft) who hadnt missed a couple of FG's that day and didnt have a severely strained back, Cleveland kicks the game-winning FG instead of an impulsive, risky, unnecessary crossing pattern to Ozzie Newsome which got deflected at line of scrimmage by Ted Hendricks and was intercepted by Mike Davis, a Raiders DB who Upshaw described as "someone who couldn't catch a cold in Alaska".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom