Where does this rank? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Where does this upset rank in not only NFL history, but sports history?

I deff say the biggest upset in sports nation think about it the perfect upset huge underdogs up against the odds of a team who is 18-0 thats movie material

I think Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson ranks ahead of it. I would probably put it in the top 10.

Was this a bigger upset than when the Pats took down the Rams? Patriots were bigger underdogs then than NY was tonight.

It's just under the day that Step by Step got canceled.

I think Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson ranks ahead of it. I would probably put it in the top 10.

If Tyson hadn't become a cartoon character I would agree.........but since he is one this has to be number one.

WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!

A high rank to be sure. But the top upset? Naw, at least not IMHO. That has to belong to the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team...

But it was quite a game.

NFL wise, I would place it just under the Jets SB victory over the Colts in '69.

I agree. Top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5, but I can't rank it number 1.

Even though most everybody (including me) thought the Pats would win, I think at the same time we realized that the Giants had a shot just based off of their last game they played against the Pats.

Some of these other upsets (like Tyson-Douglas) were just totally out of left field.

For the old timers (sorry :mwink:), how did this compare to Super Bowl III. We hear the stories now that they've been built up over the years into a legendary status but what was the feeling in the first days or weeks afterward?

Giants lost by 3 to them 4 weeks ago so how is them winning by 3 now an upset? Sure a record was at stake but that by itself doesnt make anything an upset. How can two three-point decided games in 4 weeks be considered an upset?

Last edited:
Giants lost by 3 to them 4 weeks ago so how is them winning by 3 now an upset? Sure a record was at stake but that by itself doesnt make anything an upset.

True statement, but winning win you're a 12 point underdog is an upset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom