Where does Yahoo Sports get these writers? (1 Viewer)

You admit he drove him into the ground and the rules say you can’t drive him into the ground. Whether you agree with the rule or nit, according to the way the rule is written, its a penalty.

Well, that’s what is up for debate. Driving Drew into the ground, not landing on top of him. Could it have been a penalty? Sure, for that reason. Was it egregious? No, not at all. I thought it leaned more toward a good hard hit on a small QB. I’ll never have a problem with a call that benefits us. Personally, I just thought it could have been more of a no call. SF has a knack for delivering huge hits to Drew.

And they (Yahoo) are back on the Bucs bandwagon after beating the Panthers. I swear you would have thought they just beat the Chiefs or Steelers. All last week was about what’s wrong with the Bucs. The simple answer was they played a much better team and got their bottoms whipped.

Didn't helmet to helmet occurr on that play also? I've seen a mild swipe across the facemask called at times if you go by the letter of the rule.

When it happened live, I thought it was a bad call. The announcers mentioned that it may be because he landed on Drew with his body weight. I thought, okay, maybe that was it. I watched the replay and no, that wasn't it. That was a bad call. A very hard, but legal hit, IMO. I think the flag comes out when there is simply a certain amount of violence. It happens with "defenseless receivers" as well.

Now, the shot to TQS was flat out dirty and flagrant. They missed on both calls.

Eh. They'll get over it just like they always tell us to.

Eh. They'll get over it just like they always tell us to.
Exactly. Most on here agree it was a bad call. I mean, I didn't know we had any control over that. I guess we've gotten into all the Super Bowl games we should have these last couple of years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom