Where does Yahoo Sports get these writers? (1 Viewer)

I also think it was a soft penalty but to call it ridiculous, given the way it's been officiated for at least the last 3 seasons, is a stretch as well. I also thought Onyemata's roughing was a bit soft as well but again I've seen in flagged so I wasn't up in arms. Of the two Onyemata's was probably worse because there was some contact with the facemasks.

Last edited:
This guy moved from Carolina to Colorado. Why do people move to Colorado nowadays? That would explain his article. He isn’t even clear if Brees was injured on that play or not. Must’ve been mid-rip on his bong.

I thought it was called because of the rule established a few years ago that prohibits a wrapping up of a QB and falling full weight on top of him. This is an example of why the rule was put it. The guy wrapped up Drew and made a little effort to not fall directly on top of him, but still drove Drew's right side torso full weight into the ground. One may not agree with the rule, but it is the a rule. If the league wants to keep their top quarterbacks on the field, the penalty needs to be called. This writer must have been experiencing a slow day to write an article about this.

I thought it was called because of the rule established a few years ago that prohibits a wrapping up of a QB and falling full weight on top of him. This is an example of why the rule was put it. The guy wrapped up Drew and made a little effort to not fall directly on top of him, but still drove Drew's right side torso full weight into the ground. One may not agree with the rule, but it is the a rule. If the league wants to keep their top quarterbacks on the field, the penalty needs to be called. This writer must have been experiencing a slow day to write an article about this.
This is exactly right. Both of his arms are completely wrapped around Drew when they hit the ground and his feet are in the air.
There was no attempt by the guy to get his arms down and keep some of his weight of Drew.
The problem is the color guy (Schlereth?) going on a about his weight being off to the side. It painted the picture that he didn’t land on Drew when he clearly did.

It was textbook roughing the passer. The replay from the back shows how the DE falls with all of his body and weight on Brees. Now we know why they introduced this rule.

This guy moved from Carolina to Colorado. Why do people move to Colorado nowadays? That would explain his article. He isn’t even clear if Brees was injured on that play or not. Must’ve been mid-rip on his bong.
Not everything in Colorado is going to pot. Scott Van Pelt (ESPN) did not like the call either.

This is exactly right. Both of his arms are completely wrapped around Drew when they hit the ground and his feet are in the air.
There was no attempt by the guy to get his arms down and keep some of his weight of Drew.
The problem is the color guy (Schlereth?) going on a about his weight being off to the side. It painted the picture that he didn’t land on Drew when he clearly did.

Oh plenty of him landed on Drew but this was hardly the most egregious penalty of it's kind. The defender landed sideways, not directly on top of Drew. Had that been called on us it would've been one of the worst calls of the year. That was a major call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom