Where is Drew's head at? It's not all physical. (1 Viewer)

him folding on his beliefs so fast ( whether everyone believes in it or not) does affect his leadership ability and may cause himself to doubt what hes doing

So you do think he's THAT soft...then we don't need such a pursey as a QB, who gets his feelings hurt like a little girl.

Last edited:
The look in his eyes says it all. He looks old out there. The look of grit and determination has given way to a look of lost self confidence.
I truly hope I’m wrong.

We're making excuses for probably the best QB to ever play the game. Ever. Someone who thrives on perfection, competition, and pushing himself. The best we can do is say well, it's because of Covid or because some of his teammates called him out on a tone deaf Q&A. That's pathetic on our part.

The weird offseason can hinder a lot of things, like knowing schemes, routes, and getting timing down - what we're seeing is confusion, indecision, and lacking physical ability, that's not because of that. He has access to gyms, teammates, coaches, etc at an elite level. His political opinion is a non-issue. Everyone takes the torches out for Jenkins, but Jenkins has nothing to do with Drew's ability to throw a ball and from what I've read they buried it - like professionals usually do.

Frankly, what we're seeing is a lot of things that all start from Drew himself, nothing else. It's age and ego. Age has caught up to his ability. Ego won't let it go. He's not the best QB on this team. Not right now.
If Michael Thomas is on the field Brees is the best QB on the team. Without Thomas we need playmaking ability to get defenses off their game. Thomas can find holes in zones with precision and timing. Win one on one and sometimes two on one matchups. Open up space for other receivers. Brees is masterful at this short and midrange game. It’s the deep middle and deep thirds that we can’t threaten so it compresses the defense.

We need to have a hybrid offense with Taysom Hill. Try things we haven’t tried for the past 15 years. RPOs, exotic screens, Run Options, fake flea flicker, fake RPO. Payton comes to life with these possibilities and the team loves it.

Three times???

As long as he doesn't bite his fingers off. :hihi:

But seriously... seems silly, but talk about something that would throw off someone like Brees. For athletes , those little tics and rituals mean something. The man has been licking his fingers since H.S. The ball most feel different.

The fact all of his teammates called him out publically over his flag stance (which he has had for years) is sooooo overlooked. A guy that thrives on trust and respect had every skill position player on his offense come out against him one way or another. Of course his head is not where it needs to be.
I agree. I wonder if some are tanking on the team because of Drew's stance early on.

The fact all of his teammates called him out publically over his flag stance (which he has had for years) is sooooo overlooked. A guy that thrives on trust and respect had every skill position player on his offense come out against him one way or another. Of course his head is not where it needs to be.

The trust is shot. How can he lead when several players called him out so publicly? I thought that was so foul, led by our useless strong safety, that Brees should have quit rather than prostrate himself and causing his wife to have to do the same. I knew when we signed Jenkins it was a terrible idea because he was lousy the last time he was here and he looks like exactly tge same guy. The activist part makes it way worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom