Where is the money coming from?! (1 Viewer)

So, we've signed Paul Kruger, who couldn't have came too cheap, Khalif Barnes, made a trade, and possibly looking to add some more lineman from the upcoming cuts...Has Drew re-signed and it just hasn't been announced yet? There is definitely some Loomising going on right now.

Isn't it obvious? Loomis went and saw the "Special Man" and I say I say I say he won the 50 dollars!:9:

Barnes was probably really cheap. He's a penalty machine. Kruger probably wasn't very expensive either coming of an injured year.

Maybe loomis went to the "league options" tab and clicked "clear cap penalties"

These recent deals the Saints made weren't expensive by any means. Barnes was picked up off the street and still hasn't technically made the team yet. Payton himself said they brought him in to "get a look at him" Kruger's deal likely isn't too much either.

cant u just be happy :idunno:

Folks who don't want to be happy will find any and every reason to complain.

"We don't have a pass rush! Why haven't we signed anyone!"
Team goes out and finds pass rush.
"Ugh! How much will THAT cost us! Where are we getting the money? Mortgaging our future!"

I predict we find out It didn't cost us much. Then...
"Yeah, but he's just another team's cast-off. And we didn't solidify the OLine."

Don't sweat it. I'm coming to terns with knowing some people will just not be satisfied.

Anyone have insight into "offset language" in Kruger's contract with the Browns? If he's guaranteed money from Cleveland, the amount he makes from NO is just offset. Wouldn't that make the deal easier on NO's cap?

Found this in a December 2015 article on scout.com, but I can't get the link to post.
Kruger’s dead money next year is $2.4 million, versus $7.7 million if he stays on the roster.

and this from cleveland.cbslocal.com
Paul Kruger: Kruger, who enters the fourth year of the 5-year $40.5 million contract he signed in 2013, has $13.5 million remaining over the final 2 years. His production dropped last year mostly because his role defensively changed to dropping in coverage as opposed to being turned loose to go after quarterbacks. He is scheduled to count $7.7 million against the cap in 2016 while cutting him would cost approximately $2.4 million in cap space – a cap savings of $5.3 million. Based on Horton’s comments Thursday, it’s unlikely the Browns would consider cutting him.

Anyone have insight into "offset language" in Kruger's contract with the Browns? If he's guaranteed money from Cleveland, the amount he makes from NO is just offset. Wouldn't that make the deal easier on NO's cap?

This is what I was thinking as well. It could very well be a deal similar to what was worked out between Washington and Gallette

I'm afraid Jenkins is going to be a cap casualty. That's an underperforming $1.6 million. :(

Who cares? I mean, I get the curiosity, but what difference does it make? We got it, we used it, he's here.

Really, no one went with the obvious answer?

The money is coming from Tom Benson. ;)

Folks who don't want to be happy will find any and every reason to complain.

"We don't have a pass rush! Why haven't we signed anyone!"
Team goes out and finds pass rush.
"Ugh! How much will THAT cost us! Where are we getting the money? Mortgaging our future!"

I predict we find out It didn't cost us much. Then...
"Yeah, but he's just another team's cast-off. And we didn't solidify the OLine."

Don't sweat it. I'm coming to terns with knowing some people will just not be satisfied.
Bout time. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom