Where is this team headed? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sitting at .500, some winnable games ahead, where are we going? Do we follow years past and get to .500 and miss out on the playoffs? Do we go on a streak and make the playoffs?

I still think we are too green right now, and next year we will blow doors off of people, but it's an odd years.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
We'll probably drop one soon. It's hard to sustain this kind of success.

Key is to not panic if that happens. Lose a game, go on another run. It's not the end until it's the end.

Right now we are tied in the loss column for the last wildcard.

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
I think if this team can avoid more injuries and get on a roll I think we can hang with just about anyone. Our defense can only get better when Breaux and Rankins gets acclimated to playing. Just have to remember to keep that edge set. The outside scrambles are killing us at times.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The division is well within reach. And they're only 1 game back from the second wild card, I think.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
The dreaded 4-4. We consistently lose the next game to go 4-5.

Ask me after next week's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score

Key is to not panic if that happens. Lose a game, go on another run. It's not the end until it's the end.

would the loss be better, if it has to happen, soon or later? I would think sooner so we can get back on track. A later loss could be more crushing especially if it is against a NFC opponent.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tough stretch next few and then a bit easier to end up. Would be great to have multiple playoff options open week 17. Still seems like the notch up in defensive play is going to have to be more like leaps in performance to make any noise late though.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
would the loss be better, if it has to happen, soon or later? I would think sooner so we can get back on track. A later loss could be more crushing especially if it is against a NFC opponent.
Later. Much better to get above .500 first so the loss doesn't feel like a season crusher.

Broncos in the dome are absolutely beatable next week.

WallyBB

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The dreaded 4-4. We consistently lose the next game to go 4-5.

Ask me after next week's game.

While that is technically true, the real stumble block is climbing to .500 and losing a game we should win to bury our season.

With two tough games ahead the goal would be get to 5-5, and the gain momentum on games we should win. 10-6 is doable with our last 6 games if we go in 5-5.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
While that is technically true, the real stumble block is climbing to .500 and losing a game we should win to bury our season.

With two tough games ahead the goal would be get to 5-5, and the gain momentum on games we should win. 10-6 is doable with our last 6 games if we go in 5-5.

Agreed. But I'd rather go 5-4 and lose the next one than go 4-5 and win another to get back to .500. It seems like we never get past .500 in these situations.

WallyBB

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Agreed. But I'd rather go 5-4 and lose the next one than go 4-5 and win another to get back to .500. It seems like we never get past .500 in these situations.

While that would certainly 'feel' nice. It would be better to do the other way around.

Obviously best case scenario is win the next two and go 6-4. But if we win next week and lose the week after we are 5-5 and run the risk of letting the Panthers keep a win streak alive and catch all the way back up at 5-5.

I would much rather go 5-5 with the win coming in Carolina... give us momentum into the stretch run and bury the Panthers.

To me this is all to say that win or lose next week, the Thursday night game is the most important game coming up. Not a 'must-win' persay, but if we get that win we are in pretty good shape.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score

That next one may be next week. Denver is a really tough out.

The most points Denver has allowed all season is 23. Let's just say we score 23 points on them and match the highest amount scored on them this season. That means the defense will have to hold the Denver offense to less than 23 points, something we've done just once in the last 10 games at home.

It's winnable but it's going to be a tough game. The Broncos have lost by more than one score only once in their last 31 games.

Statistics aren't in our favor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)