Where is this team headed? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sitting at .500, some winnable games ahead, where are we going? Do we follow years past and get to .500 and miss out on the playoffs? Do we go on a streak and make the playoffs?

I still think we are too green right now, and next year we will blow doors off of people, but it's an odd years.

We'll probably drop one soon. It's hard to sustain this kind of success.

Key is to not panic if that happens. Lose a game, go on another run. It's not the end until it's the end.

Right now we are tied in the loss column for the last wildcard.

I think if this team can avoid more injuries and get on a roll I think we can hang with just about anyone. Our defense can only get better when Breaux and Rankins gets acclimated to playing. Just have to remember to keep that edge set. The outside scrambles are killing us at times.

The division is well within reach. And they're only 1 game back from the second wild card, I think.

The 2nd half of the schedule does us a lot of favors.

They seem to have figured some things out.

The dreaded 4-4. We consistently lose the next game to go 4-5.

Ask me after next week's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll probably drop one soon. It's hard to sustain this kind of success.

Key is to not panic if that happens. Lose a game, go on another run. It's not the end until it's the end.

Right now we are tied in the loss column for the last wildcard.

would the loss be better, if it has to happen, soon or later? I would think sooner so we can get back on track. A later loss could be more crushing especially if it is against a NFC opponent.

If we can run the ball like we did today. We can go places, but the Denver game will tell us something.

Tough stretch next few and then a bit easier to end up. Would be great to have multiple playoff options open week 17. Still seems like the notch up in defensive play is going to have to be more like leaps in performance to make any noise late though.

would the loss be better, if it has to happen, soon or later? I would think sooner so we can get back on track. A later loss could be more crushing especially if it is against a NFC opponent.

Later. Much better to get above .500 first so the loss doesn't feel like a season crusher.

Broncos in the dome are absolutely beatable next week.

The dreaded 4-4. We consistently lose the next game to go 4-5.

Ask me after next week's game.

While that is technically true, the real stumble block is climbing to .500 and losing a game we should win to bury our season.

With two tough games ahead the goal would be get to 5-5, and the gain momentum on games we should win. 10-6 is doable with our last 6 games if we go in 5-5.

While that is technically true, the real stumble block is climbing to .500 and losing a game we should win to bury our season.

With two tough games ahead the goal would be get to 5-5, and the gain momentum on games we should win. 10-6 is doable with our last 6 games if we go in 5-5.

Agreed. But I'd rather go 5-4 and lose the next one than go 4-5 and win another to get back to .500. It seems like we never get past .500 in these situations.

Agreed. But I'd rather go 5-4 and lose the next one than go 4-5 and win another to get back to .500. It seems like we never get past .500 in these situations.

While that would certainly 'feel' nice. It would be better to do the other way around.

Obviously best case scenario is win the next two and go 6-4. But if we win next week and lose the week after we are 5-5 and run the risk of letting the Panthers keep a win streak alive and catch all the way back up at 5-5.

I would much rather go 5-5 with the win coming in Carolina... give us momentum into the stretch run and bury the Panthers.

To me this is all to say that win or lose next week, the Thursday night game is the most important game coming up. Not a 'must-win' persay, but if we get that win we are in pretty good shape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom