Where to park a party bus on Poydras Sunday (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We usually uber or taxi downtown and pregame at bar but my buddy has recently acquired a party/tailgate bus and wants to get a spot in a lot directly on Poydras Sunday. Are those cash lots first come first serve or the same people have the spots on Poydras reserved for every game? He knows he will probably have to pay for like 5 spots so that isn't an issue, he just wants a prime spot

Thanks for the help

I once inquired and the pay lots were booked ahead of time. He may want to call the company that owns one of the lots to see what he can figure. I definitely would not drive down there in a bus without a plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

yeah I am trying to figure out who owns a couple lots right now and give them a call

thanks

Sorry - this ended up being a lot longer than I intended it to be...The one person I know who used an RV for tailgating before a Saints game said it was the worst mistake he ever made by trying to park it close to the Dome. Not only did he have to pay some ridiculously outrageous amount per 12 hours that the RV would be occupying the spot, but the parking lot attendant also wouldn't allow anyone to drink beer out of a bottle, made sure that people's music was being played at an appropriate level, stopped and frisked/questioned myself and another friend who were meeting up with the rest of our crew at the RV because he said that it was suspicious that we were both dressed in all black...I asked him how exactly he expected the fans to "black out the dome" per the request of Sean Payton and Drew Brees earlier in the week if we were to wear anything besides black,..would kinda defeat the purpose, don't ya think?

Anyway...An option that I think people should consider that no one ever really does is parking an RV - or even just setting up a BBQ rig area - somewhere along the Canal Street Streetcar line outside of downtown towards Mid City where you can party it up at your tailgate without the hassle and the enormous expense of doing it in a concrete parking lot on Loyola or Calliope or wherever. There's a ton of grass on the Jeff Davis neutral ground...and the bayou. Or you could park the RV near or in City Park and do the thing there and ride the streetcar down to the game whenever you're ready.

Getting home from the game is so much faster this way too. Seriously. If we're winning or losing and the game is in hand one way or the other at the final 2:00 Warning, I typically head to the exit. I watch the end of the game walking out of the dome and am at the Canal Street Streetcar stop within 10 minutes of getting on the escalators. Another 10 minutes pass and I'm getting off the streetcar with only two blocks to walk to my house. I've walked the dogs, given them their night time treat and gotten in bed before 50% of people with parking passes have even gotten out of the Super Dome garages...don't even get me started on the traffic on the expressway after games. I get it that the majority of vehicle operators on that road at that time have achieved some level of intoxication at some point in that day, but does that make it so that they completely forget how to drive? It amazes me the tens of thousands of people heading back out to Metairie and Kenna-bra who seemingly have no idea how the expressway works or where the exits are or anything at all that someone who uses the Pontchartrain Expressway daily notices about drivers who aren't familiar with the stretch and we usually pass them pretty quickly because they're an accident waiting to happen - and this is at lunchtime on a regular Wednesday - after a Saints game and a few too many beers? I don't want to be part of the experiment involving the "I'm not drunk, I just have a buzz..." 5'3" woman driving the Ford Excursion at 35 mph on the interstate with nothing in front of her causing her to drive so slowly and causing drivers behind her to get annoyed and possibly do something stupid in trying to pass her that gets someone hurt. This woman's "preventative driving" while buzzed affects the sober drivers who know what they're doing on the road. We see the moron from half a mile away and typically just avoid them. But when you're "pact like sardines in a tin can" on I-10/The Pontchartrain Expressway after a home game, there is really no way to avoid them other than to avoid I-10/The Expressway altogether.

Maybe you can become a trendsetter and host your tailgate at the Jeff Davis neutral ground. You'll be super easy to find. Everyone and their grandma who wants to come to your shindig will be able to since there's ample on street parking in the area. There is green space all the way from Tulane Avenue at Comiskey Park down Jeff Davis until it turns into Moss St. and you've got the bayou and the fields around its banks. I'd totally come to your tailgate. Let us know what you end up doing and how it works out so we can all make a point to hunt you down the next time and eat up all your food and drink up all your booze!

We ended up getting a spot in the lot kind of behind walk ons and directly across the street. everyone is welcome. look for the "nola brew tours" party bus. we will be out there early

I was just about to tell you to use the lot right behinds Walk Ons... but I guess you figured it out on your own. I usually park there for every game and it's full of RVs and buses. Still not sure if I'm going Sunday, but if I do I'll stop by.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom