Where to stay in the French Quarter (1 Viewer)

Anyone have any experience with Country Inn & Suiteson Magazine. We have a good offer for that hotel for our December trip and it gets pretty good reviews on tripadvisor

Which hotel would you recommend for a romantic getaway?

Preferably in the Quarter, not concerned about the price(of course would like it to be reasonable for what you are getting), looking for NICE.

Some that have had relatives/friends stay at are the W, Ritz Carlton, and the Fairmont.

W and Fairmont not very impressed with.

R.C. was pretty nice.

I am in the hospitality business. I have worked throughout New Orleans, Lafayette and Alexandria. I will give you a bit of information that will help you out. Any room that you may find on the Expedia or Hotels.com is going to show you a price such as $150 okay, whereas the hotel room may be $200 when you call directly. Whenever you book rooms online with Hotels.com or Expedia they are not going to guarantee you a room with a balcony/two beds/ king bed/smoking or non smoking or whatever you may need, so if you are traveling with 4 people and needs double beds then you may get stuck with a king bed. So anyway let me get to the point. This is what you can do and generally it will work, go ahead and look on hotels.com/expedia.com and find a hotel you like and get the price of that hotel online. Then once you have that price call the hotel directly and ask them if they will match that price. If the hotel is showing $99 per night online ask them if they will match the price that you found online if the front desk is hesitant just ask to speak to the manager on duty. The reason they would be willing to match this is because whenever rooms are booked online the hotel has to then pay hotels.com/expedia monthly and it is pretty much like a 50/50 deal so in all reality, they (the hotel) would only be making about $50 per night, where if they match directly they will receive the complete $99. I know this is lengthy but I hope this will help you guys a little bit and this way you can stay in alot of hotels and not have to give up certain things like location, quality etc. I hope this helped a little.

I work in the hospitality industry as well, and he's right on the mark. Most times the rate you see on the 3rd party booking sites is exactly the same as booking with the hotel directly. The hotel looses money on 3rd party sites, but it helps bring in clientele. 3rd party reservations get run of the house rooms so whatever you see on expedia commercials or whatever the 3rd party site promises you is a farce. Say for instance the hotel happens to accidentally overbook a certain room type, and you happen to have booked that room type with a 3rd party website, guess who gets moved to another room type...........you guessed it. We do everything we can to make sure the persons who booked directly with the hotel get all requests and room types, 3rd party bookers don't always get what they book, because of the simple fact that the hotel is loosing revenue on that particular room for the duration of the stay. I wouldn't recommend ever using a booking site or agent unless your booking a package deal with flights/hotels/rental cars, etc. Even then you can look at a flight price with a website and then go to the flight company website and see the same rate. I am formerly of the Monteleone and now at the Inn on Bourbon as a Guest Services Manager, but have worked at the Royal Sonesta, Loews, and Ramada Limited in Metairie, and every hotel I have worked at has had the same policies on 3rd party reservations. If anyone ever takes any advice from me.......BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL. you'll be happy you did, 3rd party reservation sites are a hip cool in thing, but they aren't reliable and in this age when you can just go to the hotels website and book just as easy as expedia.com, I never understand why people still choose to use those 3rd party sites. YOU DON'T SAVE ANY MONEY, AND IF YOU DO, YOU LOOSE OUT IN SERVICE AND GUARANTEES.

I work in the hospitality industry as well, and he's right on the mark. Most times the rate you see on the 3rd party booking sites is exactly the same as booking with the hotel directly. The hotel looses money on 3rd party sites, but it helps bring in clientele. 3rd party reservations get run of the house rooms so whatever you see on expedia commercials or whatever the 3rd party site promises you is a farce. Say for instance the hotel happens to accidentally overbook a certain room type, and you happen to have booked that room type with a 3rd party website, guess who gets moved to another room type...........you guessed it. We do everything we can to make sure the persons who booked directly with the hotel get all requests and room types, 3rd party bookers don't always get what they book, because of the simple fact that the hotel is loosing revenue on that particular room for the duration of the stay. I wouldn't recommend ever using a booking site or agent unless your booking a package deal with flights/hotels/rental cars, etc. Even then you can look at a flight price with a website and then go to the flight company website and see the same rate. I am formerly of the Monteleone and now at the Inn on Bourbon as a Guest Services Manager, but have worked at the Royal Sonesta, Loews, and Ramada Limited in Metairie, and every hotel I have worked at has had the same policies on 3rd party reservations. If anyone ever takes any advice from me.......BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM DIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL. you'll be happy you did, 3rd party reservation sites are a hip cool in thing, but they aren't reliable and in this age when you can just go to the hotels website and book just as easy as expedia.com, I never understand why people still choose to use those 3rd party sites. YOU DON'T SAVE ANY MONEY, AND IF YOU DO, YOU LOOSE OUT IN SERVICE AND GUARANTEES.

This is what I was saying in another thread, I have traveled a bit and have found that it's usually cheaper to book directly with the Hotel then go through a website, I do similar to what Peyton suggested and that is go to hotels.com check out what hotels I like then see what the price is and then look that hotel up online and book it directly with them, i've found to save anywhere from 40-80 bucks doing that.....The only think I can think of why to use a 3rd party site is like you said for package deals and or convience of having everything(description,price,location, ratings) right there in front of you instead of having to search for each individual hotel everytime...

You work at the Inn on Bourbon?!?!?! Hook us up then bro!! What kind of rate can you get us as a block for the sr.com game? The dates would be friday november 30 through Monday december 3. BDM

Do you know Lisa at the Monteleone?

Which hotel would you recommend for a romantic getaway?

Preferably in the Quarter, not concerned about the price(of course would like it to be reasonable for what you are getting), looking for NICE.

Some that have had relatives/friends stay at are the W, Ritz Carlton, and the Fairmont.

W and Fairmont not very impressed with.

R.C. was pretty nice.

Our stay at the Soniat House (http://www.soniathouse.com/) was wonderful. Beautiful, old, secluded, charming, romantic setting.

there's the St Louis 1/2 block off Burbon. on Bienville or iberville, cant remember which. Super nice place, I've stayed there a couple of times, just a couple of stumbles off Burbon and you're there!!. Expedia was running a special for $65 a night. almost unbelieveable

booked a room on hotwire today crown plaza for $67 came out to like $85 after tax title and destination

I am planing to come to town to watch the Saints kill the 49er's and want to stay in the French Quarter. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? Not Royal Sonesta or Ritz Carlton prices but $150.00 or so a night price.

I would suggest some place in San Fransisco since that's an away game this year...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom