Where to stay in the French Quarter (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am planing to come to town to watch the Saints kill the 49er's and want to stay in the French Quarter. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? Not Royal Sonesta or Ritz Carlton prices but $150.00 or so a night price.

Agree about the Monteleone. One of the great French Quarter hotels.

I stayed in the Chateau Sonesta on Canal back in August. Not a big nice lobby, but I got a great deal and the bed was really comfortable.

If you don't mind being across the street from the Quarter (it's quieter--the bar across from the Chateau Sonesta was loud, but was drowned out by the AC, so I didn't mind), the Doubletree on Canal is a decent place to stay. Close to Mother's and they have given me a ride to the Dome on game day before. Pretty standard rooms, but you don't want to spend all your time in New Orleans in your hotel room anyway.

But for ambiance, the Monteleone.

what hotels have a balcony on bourbon?

ramada inn on bourbon
royal sonesta
maybe the chateau sonesta

any others?>

Why waste your money. You plan on sleeping?

I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for the Falcons game and it was good. Had a balcony right on Bourbon. Prices are decent. Room stunk of smoke....but i imagine that is par for the course.

The Fairmont Hotel (about a block or so off Canal and Bourbon) is in your price range and is pretty good for the price (though I'm not even sure if this hotel even re-opened yet after the Hurricane).

You can check out tripadvisor.com for reviews of hotels in the French Quarter area...

The Fairmont Hotel (about a block or so off Canal and Bourbon) is in your price range and is pretty good for the price (though I'm not even sure if this hotel even re-opened yet after the Hurricane).

You can check out tripadvisor.com for reviews of hotels in the French Quarter area...

Fairmont is STILL not open and won't be open this year...

my wife and little girls can't go to the Fairmont's "Teddy Bear Tea" with Santa again this year

they have a holiday inn right next to the monteleone that you can get for like 140. the good thing is that parking is included at that price. the rooms arent the greatest looking but they are big and pretty clean. it is a good deal for the price considering that the parking is included. its on yahoo travel, thats the only place ive seen the parking included with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom