where was devery henderson>? (1 Viewer)

One more thing. I have a feeling with the way things are going with Devery that you will not see him in a Saints uniform next season. IMO

Let's hope for a second chance, a chance at redemption, a change of heart, a change of attitude.

Like a MLB Pitcher, I think deuce has a snap count. It's not a coincidence Deuce has been getting 15 carries, give or take, a game over and over.

I think this is correct. We did hear some comments about Deuce's knee starting to bother him again, I think they are trying to keep him from having to sit out completely, while still giving the knee somewhat of a rest as best they can.

As for Devery - who knows? I feel that Payton must have his reasons. I know he has said he puts a great deal of stock in the belief that you have to have good practices to see the field on Sunday. I have the impression that Devery may not practice all that well from some of the comments I have seen here.

Could it be that Devery, fresh from his performance against Tampa, felt he didn't have to hustle during practice this week? That he was a lock to start?

This doesn't seem too far-fetched to me.

maybe nothing to do with payton, maybe brees' didn't see him open, and had confidence in Copper, since Copper was making the catches for most of the game.
and some nice ones at that.
I wont' see that fumble by copper, i missed it, i had to leave for work thanks to them moving it to an afternoon game.
but read where someone put a helmet to the ball that caused it to come out..
it's pretty hard to hang onto it like that.
the entire team needs to look better at getting that ball and treating it like a winning Powerball Lottery ticket.

I used to take up for him under Haslett, but under two coaching regimes and still little playing time he's the problem not the coaches. It's always been a brains/hands issue with him, and now i'm starting to believe it. You have to be more in the NFL these days than a deep threat. Devery is certainly that, but he's gotta convert 3rd downs, and bring in those routes over the middle when he's gonna get smacked. I trust Peytons judgement and I won't question it. He was in there, I saw him a few times. It could also be that Brees just lost faith in his hands, he's got to earn it, Peyton isn't giving anything away.

maybe nothing to do with payton, maybe brees' didn't see him open, and had confidence in Copper, since Copper was making the catches for most of the game.
and some nice ones at that.
I wont' see that fumble by copper, i missed it, i had to leave for work thanks to them moving it to an afternoon game.
but read where someone put a helmet to the ball that caused it to come out..
it's pretty hard to hang onto it like that.
the entire team needs to look better at getting that ball and treating it like a winning Powerball Lottery ticket.

Yes but that's not the point.

Why didn't DH start over Copper. Copper was in there the whole game.
With Horn out and DH's great game last week, you would've thought DH would have started for Horn this week. As others have said, DH must be doing someting during the week that turns the coaches off. Maybe he's getting bad advice from his agent.

It doesn't make much sense, on the surface. DH has the pedigree. He's an expensive, 2nd rounder, and he can't get a start over Copper? Weird.

Copper was given the opportunity in the 4th quarter and he didn't step it up. One wonders what would have happened if DH had gotten those looks.

Mikeeeee

Devery started as the number 3 reciever. He was in on almost every 3 wide set. (somtimes bush took the 3rd spot).

He just didn't get open. He was the number 3 last week too I believe. Thats how he got so open so many times. Just seemed like he was the 2nd WR because he caught for alot of yards.

Copper had a great game. Devery not getting his "touches" had nothing to do with this game. Our run D had everything to do with it.

Good Question? Where is Henderson at. I see him on the sidelines but why is he not in the dern game. Copper is dropping too many passes right in his hands. Please hurry up and come back JOE. We are always letting games slip away because of mistakes and dropped passes. What's the dern problem man!

Good Question? Where is Henderson at. I see him on the sidelines but why is he not in the dern game. Copper is dropping too many passes right in his hands. Please hurry up and come back JOE. We are always letting games slip away because of mistakes and dropped passes. What's the dern problem man!

He dropped one pass...1 pass!!!.

How many passes has Devery dropped this year and last year? Copper played great yesterday. He had 1 bad drive. It happens. I like what i'm seeing from the kid.

Like I said in the post right above yours Devery did play yesterday alot. He was the 3rd WR and was in the game on those sets most of the time. He just didn't get open. They even showed him in the huddle twice yesterday.

henderson is an awful blocker. I can't remember hte play but i remember henderson was in and if he would have been able to keep his block we had another 10 yards...

I know a lot of people love Henderson, and yeah he caught 2 TDs last week. But you should give the guy who thought Colston was good enough to start over Stallworth (as well as good enough to send Stallworth packing) a little credit and leeway if Henderson isn't in. I would think they have very good reasons.

If DH was in instead of Copper then it would not have been a fumble, it more than not have been an incomplete pass.

Devery has shown he can catch deep balls, but it seems like he has trouble, with shorter routes, blocking, and routes that are more complex than go routes. He probly also doesn't practice well. There's got to be a good reason, i trust payton.

Devery has shown he can catch deep balls, but it seems like he has trouble, with shorter routes, blocking, and routes that are more complex than go routes. He probly also doesn't practice well. There's got to be a good reason, i trust payton.

I think this is the problem,you have to be a good all around reciever in this league.You have to block,catch and run.I missed the first half of the game but I din't see him anywhere in the second half.I was quite surprised to see all the passes going Copper's way.I hope this one is on Nfl replay.

henderson is an awful blocker. I can't remember hte play but i remember henderson was in and if he would have been able to keep his block we had another 10 yards...

I like Henderson.

But he's also a pretty poor route runner. Copper is much, much, better. I think when you're playing a fast aggressive team like the Steelers, putting a poor route runner on the field is dangerous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom