where was devery henderson>? (1 Viewer)

I thought I saw him in there a few times... maybe not... it may have been"18" and not "19" ...

dunno.gif

It was him. I guess he just couldn't get open, otherwise I'm sure DB would've found him.

I didn't see him out there. Doesn't mean he wasn't in, just that I didn't see him.

It is strange that Devery produces on the field but Payton seems to have something against him.

Maybe payton only wants to utilize his speed for the big play and he wasnt open?? Does he get scared in short yardage or are we trying to make cincy think we wont use him as much and then hand him a career day. Just my centsX2.

I saw Devery on the field for a few plays, but I don't think the ball was ever thrown to him. Copper played well in the first half, but he sure became unreliable down the stretch. We need Horn back. Why Devery isn't the third receiver (after Horn and Colston), I can't say. Maybe someone in the media can ask Payton that question.

I didn't see him out there. Doesn't mean he wasn't in, just that I didn't see him.

It is strange that Devery produces on the field but Payton seems to have something against him.

To be honest, he was always in Haz's doghouse also. Maybe it's just the way he is in the locker-room, work ethic, or something. I have no idea. He must be doing something that rubs these coaches the wrong way.

Well, if Copper's miserable second half doesn't rub those same people even worse the wrong way, I'd sure be afraid to find out what Henderson's doing to irritate them enough to keep him behind Copper.

Devery was definitely in the game. Guess he couldn't get open. One thing I know for sure is that Brees will get you the ball if you are open no matter who you are.

I couldn't find him listed anywhere in the GameBook(NFL.Com). I thought I saw him catch a pass but I guess not.(Must have been Copper)

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I guess maybe he has a bad attitude? Whatever it is, I wish he'd straighten up and play some productive football.

Don't the comments in this thread kind of assume that Henderson has hands of glue? He has be know to be inconsistent.

He played guys. I saw him in the game. His number just was not called upon to throw to.

Henderson has been called by many here a "gamer". I won't argue with this assessment but isn't Payton a guy who starts guys who have good practices? If so, maybe Devery had a bad week of practice and didn't get in the game as much. Heck, if Horn had played we might not have seen him at all.

Just got back from the game.....Henderson was out there on occassion....I don't think Brees looked for him much.....more from me later.

I wondered the same thing all day. I did see him on one play but he did not get thrown to. So he wasn't inactive. It doesn't make sense and I don't recall Jim Henderson or Hokie commenting on it nor do I recall Kenny Wilkerson saying anything. Someone has to know something.

I know I saw #19 in the game on the last drive at least but I too was wondering the same thing. Well, at least we now know that we are pretenders and not contenders. We haven't beaten a good team all year long and after tomorrow night we will have let Carolina back in the race for the division. I don't know what the coaches thought they were doing in the 3rd quarter with that empty backfield stuff, but once again we didn't run the ball enough in this game and now have lost all three that we screwed up with the play calling. As for the defense, what defense? Oh, and Terrence Copper would be gone if I was the coach. This guy stinks. I just hope we don't win anymore games and blow our position in the next draft. We have no CB's and no S's on this team and our D-Line just can't get pressure. Even though I don't have to eat any Crow this week I have to say this was a very dissapointing performance by the Saints. They really are everyone's whipping boys.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom