Where Was Michael Thomas???? (Merged) (1 Viewer)

I'm all for trading for watson,but trading thomas for him would be dumb. Part of the reason he's unhappy in houston is because they gave his number one receiver away.

I'd be willing to give first round picks for him though. If we can't do that resign winston and see what we have there.

Why would anyone want a guy who wants to be traded right after signing a massive contract? He is displaying exactly what he is all about.

You don't get over a high ankle sprain that season. It ONLY heals through REST and a LOT OF IT. He was never going to be full speed this year at all after that injury in Week 1. He was a decoy at best.

Thomas doesn't stretch the field, his game is literally what is needed with a qb like Drew. Thomas just decided he wasn't going to show up today.

But the possibility of stretching the field helps all recievers get separation. It helps a ton if the defense can’t key on one portion of the field. It’s really quite amazing that Brees was able to do what he’s done the past two-three years.

Drew Brees happened to Micheal Thomas.

People don't start creating deflective threads, we have a 42 yr old QB with no arm strength it's been a handicap for us, same issues when we get to the playoffs, can't throw deep and have to sub in another QB when we want to attempt a deep shot....WAKE UP!! It's obvious.

JW threw to a busted wide open receiver with no pressure on him whatsoever. I'm sure Brees wouldve made that throw. The issue with that game was the same problem we had against KC. Receivers can not get separation from good defenses. I'm in no shape or form excusing Brees performance. Cause Brees should've thrown both of those balls away and game likely would've been won. The MT INT I believe Brees was playing for the flag because he saw the hold and threw something stupid. The second one no excuse. Aikman said that was expecting receivers to be in a spot they were not in. There was no chemistry between Brees and the receivers at all. Harris was the biggest miss of all. Last week against Chicago he was the star in our receiving gm. I do believe he would've opened the field more. Those punt returns were killer in the gm.

This game was not just on Brees. This was on whack route running and dumb play calling as usual. We did nothing to keep Buccs defense off balance. And when Brees is gone and another QB starts in the second gm of the playoffs u will see them play the same way. No separation from the receivers -especially against good defenses and Payton's inability to keep the offense balanced will continue to be our downfall until it changes.

Mike may not have been 100%, but that should not overshadow the TB game plan. Their plan appeared to be shut him down. They did, and Drew should have looked elsewhere. Regardless of the QB, Mike was never going to be a field stretcher, so I'm for trading him, but only if the price is right.

JW threw to a busted wide open receiver with no pressure on him whatsoever. I'm sure Brees wouldve made that throw. The issue with that game was the same problem we had against KC. Receivers can not get separation from good defenses. I'm in no shape or form excusing Brees performance. Cause Brees should've thrown both of those balls away and game likely would've been won. The MT INT I believe Brees was playing for the flag because he saw the hold and threw something stupid. The second one no excuse. Aikman said that was expecting receivers to be in a spot they were not in. There was no chemistry between Brees and the receivers at all. Harris was the biggest miss of all. Last week against Chicago he was the star in our receiving gm. I do believe he would've opened the field more. Those punt returns were killer in the gm.

This game was not just on Brees. This was on whack route running and dumb play calling as usual. We did nothing to keep Buccs defense off balance. And when Brees is gone and another QB starts in the second gm of the playoffs u will see them play the same way. No separation from the receivers -especially against good defenses and Payton's inability to keep the offense balanced will continue to be our downfall until it changes.
Good points but I doubt we make it to the 2nd game of the playoffs any time soon. As off as we were, I think if Cook doesn't fumble then we go up 2 scores, then Brady is the one that is pressing making risky throws. He had a few almost picked off so its probable that we pick him off had we gone up. It is what it is I just wish Brees could have gone out differently.

Mike may not have been 100%, but that should not overshadow the TB game plan. Their plan appeared to be shut him down. They did, and Drew should have looked elsewhere. Regardless of the QB, Mike was never going to be a field stretcher, so I'm for trading him, but only if the price is right.
Drew did look elsewhere, Thomas had 4 targets out of 34 pass attempts

People don't start creating deflective threads, we have a 42 yr old QB with no arm strength it's been a handicap for us, same issues when we get to the playoffs, can't throw deep and have to sub in another QB when we want to attempt a deep shot....WAKE UP!! It's obvious.
That maybe true, but a 10 yd pass doesn't require a strong arm. MT had ZERO catches. There were many issues in that game, but MT not showing up isn't Drew's arm. Don't get me wrong, Drew wasn't on his game.

This is kinda funny. You are right. Drew Brees happened to Michael Thomas. That’s why he became what he did. So good luck moving forward.

Defense took MT out of the game and there wasn't anyone on the field good enough to step up and take the pressure off. Plus a QB that had trouble with the deep ball. IN the end, it was the turnovers that did the team in. Cook's fumble was especially critical as that completely turned the game around. Another very disappointing exit in the divisional round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom