Where Was Michael Thomas???? (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Mike may not have been 100%, but that should not overshadow the TB game plan. Their plan appeared to be shut him down. They did, and Drew should have looked elsewhere. Regardless of the QB, Mike was never going to be a field stretcher, so I'm for trading him, but only if the price is right.

He did... And Jared Cook was responsible for 2 of the 4 turnovers.

Kamara kept running vertical on a 3rd.

We missed Harris in this game as well.

Just a bad night and comedy of errors all around.

It may be lingering injury but you have to look at the psychology and the chip on his shoulder, and the way MT dodged the question about the trade. There is smoke there that this at a minimum involves attitude. Maybe exacerbated by injury and could calm down.

But MT is so thin skinned, always seeing a slight, seems emotionally insecure and need of constant reinforcement. That drove him to succeed but now the dynamic of it is could become a grudge against the Saints and drive him out of here. That is total speculation just reading between the lines on a situation I watch from a distance as a fan.

But you are kidding yourself if you don't see some signs of a rift that could become a more open cancer. I would not be surprised in the least if he is traded, though I know the salary and cap issues make it difficult. If the cap situation different or salary less of a burden I would bet he would be gone next year but there may be no choice to find a way to co-exist and soothe the hurt feelings.

It may be lingering injury but you have to look at the psychology and the chip on his shoulder, and the way MT dodged the question about the trade. There is smoke there that this at a minimum involves attitude. Maybe exacerbated by injury and could calm down.

But MT is so thin skinned, always seeing a slight, seems emotionally insecure and need of constant reinforcement. That drove him to succeed but now the dynamic of it is could become a grudge against the Saints and drive him out of here. That is total speculation just reading between the lines on a situation I watch from a distance as a fan.

But you are kidding yourself if you don't see some signs of a rift that could become a more open cancer. I would not be surprised in the least if he is traded, though I know the salary and cap issues make it difficult. If the cap situation different or salary less of a burden I would bet he would be gone next year but there may be no choice to find a way to co-exist and soothe the hurt feelings.
Great post.
With his salary, what do you think we could get for him? Seems his salary would deter many teams from trading for him. What do you honestly think we could get?
If the reports are true then I think Sean will have zero issues with moving on from MT. He just doesn’t do attitude like that as we have seen in the past.

Great post.
With his salary, what do you think we could get for him? Seems his salary would deter many teams from trading for him. What do you honestly think we could get?
If the reports are true then I think Sean will have zero issues with moving on from MT. He just doesn’t do attitude like that as we have seen in the past.
Dunno, seems like MT was already hinting at currying favor with Urban Meyer.

I can only speculate and I don't run an NFL team but to me the attitude thing would now be a potential red flag. Has he become a diva? Can I keep him happy and in synch with the team or will he sulk here too if I don't force the ball to him?

Take away the salary issues and seems a #2 is possible, though attitude and risk of drama drags on the price a bit. But if it gets bad enough Payton may just eat the loss and move him.

Really don't know all that has happened behind the scenes and who is in his ear advising him. Maybe they can reconcile and start over but sure looks like there is a little more than injury.

Dunno, seems like MT was already hinting at currying favor with Urban Meyer.

I can only speculate and I don't run an NFL team but to me the attitude thing would now be a potential red flag. Has he become a diva? Can I keep him happy and in synch with the team or will he sulk here too if I don't force the ball to him?

Take away the salary issues and seems a #2 is possible, though attitude and risk of drama drags on the price a bit. But if it gets bad enough Payton may just eat the loss and move him.

Really don't know all that has happened behind the scenes and who is in his ear advising him. Maybe they can reconcile and start over but sure looks like there is a little more than injury.
I’d be all for reconciliation. We shall see how it plays out.

He must still be hurt.

Of course he was still hurt!! People were duped into believing that a few weeks off would give him time to "heal" when in reality the healing process from a high ankle sprain takes months and not weeks to heal.

Much like Kamara last season it didn't affect his straight line speed much but everything else like his violent cuts where he got most of his separation in and out of his routes just wasn't there and it showed.

Thomas is still every bit as good a receiver as he ever was.

Of course he was still hurt!! People were duped into believing that a few weeks off would give him time to "heal" when in reality the healing process from a high ankle sprain takes months and not weeks to heal.

Much like Kamara last season it didn't affect his straight line speed much but everything else like his violent cuts where he got most of his separation in and out of his routes just wasn't there and it showed.

Thomas is still every bit as good a receiver as he ever was.
💯 agree. Not worried at all that he’s lost talent, worried about his rift with the team/coaches.

Honestly, I don't think he is fully healed. He couldn't get any separation so something is definitely off.

It wasn't just separation...balls hit him in his hands and he couldn't come down with it. MT's strength has never been burning defenders...it's been his ability to play physical, box out people and catching anything he can get his fingers on.

It didn't seem he and Drew were on the same page either. The first pass he missed was a back shoulder throw to the sideline where MT was out of position and had to turn all the way around to reach back for it.

He did... And Jared Cook was responsible for 2 of the 4 turnovers.

Kamara kept running vertical on a 3rd.

We missed Harris in this game as well.

Just a bad night and comedy of errors all around.

Even if Kamara sat on his route, that ball was getting intercepted. The linebacker read Brees like a book on that play.

This 100%.

He went off on Devante Parker over an innocent IG comment, he cussed out his coach, he punched his teammate, he demanded a trade behind closed doors and then dodged the question during an interview, he openly slammed Brees on twitter...what more do you want me to say?

This 100%.

He went off on Devante Parker over an innocent IG comment, he cussed out his coach, he punched his teammate, he demanded a trade behind closed doors and then dodged the question during an interview, he openly slammed Brees on twitter...what more do you want me to say?
When did he slam Brees on Twitter?

Was that back during the flag controversy?

I didn't track all the comments back then. Or was it more recent?

When did he slam Brees on Twitter?

Was that back during the flag controversy?

I didn't track all the comments back then. Or was it more recent?

the flag...could have easily handled it by calling him...why post it publicly?

the same QB that made you into the offensive player of the year and got you all that money

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom