Where Was Michael Thomas???? (Merged) (1 Viewer)

That would explain it.. maybe, behind the scenes, he is asking to leave...

If so, he’s going to be disappointed. No one is going to give up anything of value for that contract. And we can’t afford the dead cap hit.

He posted this the other day as well

There's the door, Mike.

Thomas is a great player, but the WR position is not what decides championships. We aren't going to be in a spot to afford his price tag at such a position. Stock up on draft capital, draft his replacement(s), and keep the OL and DL strong and deep. The way to afford guys like Kamara, Ramczyk, and Lattimore is to string together a couple of drafts with 8-10 picks. Doing that will allow Loomis to keep the bulk of our stars in the post-Brees era.

The team literally can't afford to trade him right now. Theyre already $100mil over the cap and trading him would make that figure worse. If he really is disgruntled, Payton might have to go into arse-kissing mode here. This isn't 2011 where you can score 40 points with peak-Brees and a bunch of role players. CGM is going to need to be leaned on more than ever next year.

The team literally can't afford to trade him right now. Theyre already $100mil over the cap and trading him would make that figure worse. If he really is disgruntled, Payton might have to go into arse-kissing mode here. This isn't 2011 where you can score 40 points with peak-Brees and a bunch of role players. CGM is going to need to be leaned on more than ever next year.

no way should CSP kiss hi butt. Maybe, he should bench him if he’s not going to show up in the game or make him a healthy scratch the season opener. Kissing butt leads to AB, and MT is on that path.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean?
Someone in the media said deshaun Watson anger was at a 2 after Hopkins got traded and then went to a 10 when he wasn’t in on the decision to hire gm or coach. Watson posted that and Thomas said same making it seem like he has similar feelings

He was MIA today!!!!

I love MT13. And I admit I overreacted to his bad game. However, he has disappeared in the playoffs ever since 2017. He’s still an elite receiver but against elite competition he gets locked down. He was hobbled this year and I’m sure he will bounce back.

I’d love to have him back. BUT I honestly think it’s in the best interest in the team to trade him. I don’t know if it will be this offseason or next, but I feel like he will be.

Until the next franchise QB is found, it will be important to draft and continue to develop the defense and lean on a power run game. Payton has to adapt.And even then, all of those things help a new, rookie QB transition well. Pressure is lifted on him. Look at how Seattle handled Russell Wilson’s first few years. Leaned on Lynch and the defense.

I love MT13 but getting an extra pick for him would go a long way toward rebuilding the depth of the D, potentially finding more studs on that side of the ball to carry us.

You guys are ridiculous.

Emmanuel Sanders will be 34 next year
Trequan Smith hasn't had a 100 yard game in over 2 years
Deonte Harris is a part-time luxury
Marquez Callaway has had one good game in his career

But yea lets get rid of the best receiver the team has ever had in his prime because he said "same" to a tweet that no one can decipher.

For fork's sake.

@BeastinBush @Ryan

We want to hear why y'all disagree. Speak up.

You negatively voting people indirectly tells others that you are openly interested in having a friendly conversation on why you disagree. I can't quote you or reply to you since you voted instead of commenting. So, this tag is not a way of me calling you out, but more of a way of me "quoting" you to reply.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom