Where will Texans play? (1 Viewer)

Looks like authorities in Houston, are talking about reopening a field hospital, at a pro football stadium.

Just the beginning of the end to the upcoming football season folks.

I have been saying it for a few months now. This is far from over and will get worse. Until a vaccine is developed, we are in a very grave situation. Add in dumb people refuse to do the right things. (IE; mass gatherings, not wearing masks...etc.)
I saw on the news last week that Tulane is really close to the human trial phase on a drug that may very well be the vaccine we’ve all been waiting for. I only saw this once and haven’t seen anything else on it. I’m just crossing my fingers and praying that this is the real deal.

Coach Pete might know.

Lmao. I am no longer allowed to go there! But all is good and over 90% returned to his gym post lockdown. Apparently many substituted cookies and ice cream for exercise during the lockdown - lol

I am going to make a statement that is really a question and I would greatly appreciate others thoughts and insights - thx in advance

They just shut-down bars, river tubing and reduced inside restaurant capacity in New Braunfels. San Antonio, right down the road is even stricter. To me, it would seem that gyms are one of the worst places to spread the virus. No one wears a mask. Of course, there is heavy breathing in tight spaces. Not everyone cleans the equipment after use.

Yet I have seen no evidence of breakout caused in gyms. What's up with that?

Lmao. I am no longer allowed to go there! But all is good and over 90% returned to his gym post lockdown. Apparently many substituted cookies and ice cream for exercise during the lockdown - lol

I am going to make a statement that is really a question and I would greatly appreciate others thoughts and insights - thx in advance

They just shut-down bars, river tubing and reduced inside restaurant capacity in New Braunfels. San Antonio, right down the road is even stricter. To me, it would seem that gyms are one of the worst places to spread the virus. No one wears a mask. Of course, there is heavy breathing in tight spaces. Not everyone cleans the equipment after use.

From what I've seen on TV and read, Texas is about to be the new hotspot worse than NY in March. I think they choose to pause everything rather than pick and choose.

From what I've seen on TV and read, Texas is about to be the new hotspot worse than NY in March. I think they choose to pause everything rather than pick and choose.

Thx so much! I am not going to touch politics on SR. I come here for fun. The facts are that the Texas governor is trying everything to keep the economy going. So far, including his announcements on Thursday, he is "recommending" selective shutdowns. And DC, you are spot-on. We are going thru the roof here and it's getting worse every day. There is a direct correlation and some tracking that links directly to the Memorial Day weekend. It was like the good ole days since that weekend. People do not like being told to wear masks here.

Thx so much! I am not going to touch politics on SR. I come here for fun. The facts are that the Texas governor is trying everything to keep the economy going. So far, including his announcements on Thursday, he is "recommending" selective shutdowns. And DC, you are spot-on. We are going thru the roof here and it's getting worse every day. There is a direct correlation and some tracking that links directly to the Memorial Day weekend. It was like the good ole days since that weekend. People do not like being told to wear masks here.
A friend on my called me a couple of days ago that lives in Houston and said he was going to Sam's early the next morning to stock up, and he wouldn't be going out for a few weeks. Stay safe.

A friend on my called me a couple of days ago that lives in Houston and said he was going to Sam's early the next morning to stock up, and he wouldn't be going out for a few weeks. Stay safe.

Thanks very much for your kind words. And back to you and your family!

Swimmer, three critical things to understand about the virus:

1) Asymptomatic spread. The folks in the gym could have covid, just with no symptoms, and therefore no thought of getting a covid test to confirm. People who are positive but unaware would unintentionally be spreading to others.

2) 3-4 week lag between the time that people who get infected, and then get sick, end up in hospitals. So, you are looking at your gym and seeing similar faces, but it's not what you see today, it's what you may see in a month. Texas has exploded in cases because Abbott bought into the science-denial, opened up too early and too rapidly. He opened up "Phase I" on May 1 and "Phase II" on May 18.

3) While testing increases, Governors like Abbott have had zero courage to support enough testing or enough contact tracing to not just flatten curves, but to crush the curves. We see clearly in Europe that countries and their leaders crushed curves. In America, we had and have covid-deniers who only tolerated flattening the curve, not crushing it. Governors like Abbott basically flushed away all the gains to support healthcare workers and keep more Texans safe,made by the months of lockdown. Abbott still has not issued a statewide mandate for wearing of masks, and yesterday, participated in a large indoor church service where 100 choir singers sang together not wearing masks. INSANE!

Swimmer - my advice to you - STAY OUT OF THE GYM, work out outside on your own, and wear a mask anywhere (aside from the house) you are going to be indoors or around other people - to protect other people. If you are around people not wearing a mask indoors, run away from them immediately or leave the place.

there are no vaccines for any covid. as testing rises the death toll is falling under 1%. the median death age is 81. theres no reason the mass of the population should be in quarantine, the people most susceptible should be in it. which is about 5-10% at most. cloth masks are like using a chain fence to stop mosquitoes. its absurd..

US has 2.59M confirmed cases, and 128K deaths = 4.9% mortality rate among confirmed cases. The latest spike in cases is less than a week old, and there is a lag between diagnosis and mortality.

Your take is self-centered. Wearing a mask isn't meant to protect you from getting the virus, it's meant to help prevent you spreading it to others (obviously not 100% effective). We have 2 options: socially distance until we develop a vaccine, or go back to 'normal life' to get herd immunity and let the vulnerable members of society die.

I don't really have an answer to the heavy breathing in limited spacing.......since that should, in theory, be a prime cause for it....

But there has been talk since late-May that surface-touching is over-rated as a means of catching it.

While that certainly doesn't mean touch everything in sight and then immediately go to rubbing your hands across your face.........it may explain why the non-wiping of equipment isn't specifically spiking numbers. You would think they'd want to do that to ward off staff infections more than anything...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom