Where's Black Lives Matter? (2 Viewers)

well, if he had come down, people would just moan and groan about him being here for photo ops. maybe he took a play out of the George W handbook.
"I hate Obama"
"where's Obama?"
politics at its best.

h7MmNtf.gif

filBwN5.gif

This thread shows a very fundamental (and perhaps intentional) misunderstanding of the purpose of the BLM movement, and of course it will apparently now veer into a very fundamental (and perhaps intentional) misunderstanding of why people were angry at the federal government as a result of the response to Katrina.

Sadly, my only surprise is that it took so long for this to be posted. :shrug:

Has the treehouse weighed in yet? Are we going to get treehoused next?

I've always wondered why if a black person says something negative about the black community, the conservatives are all over it like he must know what hes talking about, he's black.

Because he is then "one of the good ones"...

I've always wondered why if a black person says something negative about the black community, the conservatives are all over it like he must know what hes talking about, he's black. But if a white person comes out and says something negative about the white community, the conservatives just says he's an idiot and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

probably has little to do with race which is the dems baseline and more about the message , hence the use of "Uncle Tom" phrase by some dems when referring to black people who voice opposing views of the democratic echo chamber

Which is also why dems assume all blacks don't agree with Clarke due to race and not message

Though I agree applying BLM to the rescue efforts is misapplied , rescue efforts like this are about true community and not the political narrative some people and vast majority of the politicians and media believe everyone conduct their daily lives around .

Bigger Question Where Is Obama? Oh thats right playing golf.

Well he has declared multiple parishes disaster areas allowing them to sign up for aid even if they did not have insurance. As for him going to these places as of now he wants the police to focus on rescue efforts rather then him coming here and having to provide security. So far seems to be running much smoother tha Bush and Brownie.

Where would you prefer him to be? In the middle of the clean up with the giant entourage that accompanies him everywhere?

No need.

Yep. He's enjoying the hell out his last days in office because he knows it burns the crap out people like you and he also knows that there's nothing that you can do about it except ***** and moan. I think he does it on purpose just to get a rise out of your crowd. Guess what? I giggle a little every time I see a post like this because I know it gets so far under y'all skin and there's absolutely nothing that you can do about exception take it. Just lay back and enjoy the happy ending.

That's just what they want you to think. He's actually in a secret bunker planning the military invasion of Texas, followed by martial law, confiscation of all firearms, repeal of the 22nd Amendment to declare himself Emperor for Life, and replacing the Constitution with Sharia law. Didn't Breitbart.com and Alex Jones tell you that? He's only got a few months to accomplish his true objectives. He doesn't have time to play golf. Wake up, man.

In all seriousness, why would it be expected that a group that formed around concerns about police misconduct involving black citizens shift their focus to something outside of that scope?

That is not why Black Live Matter was formed.

That is not why Black Live Matter was formed.

You're right, it was formed in 2012 after George Zimmerman was acquitted in the death of Trayvon Martin, and has gained ongoing recognition through high-profile incidents of alleged police brutality.

Its mission goes "beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes".

What Does #BlackLivesMatter Mean?

When we say Black Lives Matter, we are broadening the conversation around state violence to include all of the ways in which Black people are intentionally left powerless at the hands of the state. We are talking about the ways in which Black lives are deprived of our basic human rights and dignity.

#BlackLivesMatter is working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. We affirm our contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression. We have put our sweat equity and love for Black people into creating a political project–taking the hashtag off of social media and into the streets. The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

And so the question remains, what is it about their purpose that they should be called out in this way?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom