Which 1st rd QB do you think Saints scouting department has honed in on? (1 Viewer)

Which 1st QB do you think the Saints scouting department has honed in on?

• Matt Corral

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Kenny Pickett

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Malik Willis

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Desmond Ridder

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Sam Howell

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Carson Strong

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters

SASaintsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I personally really like Matt Corral, Desmond Ridder, and Malik Willis. I think the Saints will ultimately land somewhere in the 15th to 18th range for their pick which would most likely put them out of reach of Corral and Willis. Ridder could there but might not be seen as the best value pick. What do y’all think?

I'm not a big fan of any of them to be completely honest... I don't know if Corral's game transfers well to the NFL. Of the listed above, Kenny Pickett can sling it. But I think all of those guys have to go to the right place and sit and grown. There's no elite prospect in this draft in my opinion. I think the future is still already on the team in Winston, and I think now you probably get to cheap him for a few dollars less.

Idk... Saints are pretty stingy with 1st Rd QB grades.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if only one did. If Malik Willis falls to us in the 2nd round... I don't think we'll pass on him.

I'm not a big fan of any of them to be completely honest... I don't know if Corral's game transfers well to the NFL. Of the listed above, Kenny Pickett can sling it. But I think all of those guys have to go to the right place and sit and grown. There's no elite prospect in this draft in my opinion. I think the future is still already on the team in Winston, and I think now you probably get to cheap him for a few dollars less.
Agree 100%. This looks like a weak year for quarterbacks prospects. Our most realistic and probably best option is to resign Winston. We can dream about Wilson and Rogers but in reality, we could never afford them without gutting half our roster. To me, Winston is the most responsible choice.

If scouting a QB is our priority for this draft, we have a long, sad road ahead of us.
Eh. Sean Payton won’t sit idly and wait for rookies to solve all our problems. He’s been doing it for 15 years. They’re going to pursue free agents and trades foremost. So that when the draft rolls around again, we can just take whomever we want.

I personally really like Matt Corral, Desmond Ridder, and Malik Willis. I think the Saints will ultimately land somewhere in the 15th to 18th range for their pick which would most likely put them out of reach of Corral and Willis. Ridder could there but might not be seen as the best value pick. What do y’all think?
Saints will have a top 10 pick this draft. If Payton does not draft his next QB in this draft, it tells me more about him then I ever thought. He got lucky with Brees and does poorly in evaluating college QB talent.

Rest assure, he will draft another Ohio St. player and more players from out west and will forgo any players from the SEC. It is getting old, especially when you see Bellichick year in, year out, picking players from Bama and the SEC in general. Coral is right under his nose and he’ll pick some linemen from BFE university and give up 2 #1’s to get him.

Saints will have a top 10 pick this draft. If Payton does not draft his next QB in this draft, it tells me more about him then I ever thought. He got lucky with Brees and does poorly in evaluating college QB talent.

Rest assure, he will draft another Ohio St. player and more players from out west and will forgo any players from the SEC. It is getting old, especially when you see Bellichick year in, year out, picking players from Bama and the SEC in general. Coral is right under his nose and he’ll pick some linemen from BFE university and give up 2 #1’s to get him.
Yep. Because Kamara played at UCLA I guess.

Belichick has a pretty bad history of drafting these last few years. And the saints ohio state players have been really solid. Not sure where you are going with this

The man picks the best player on his board who can help the saints. He doesn't keep a tab of SEC players that are listed "do not draft"

I don't see a QB in this draft worth trading up for. It's a pretty weak draft for QBs. My hope is they try and reload skill positions on offense. WR and TE are pretty deep in this draft. Unless a top defensive player falls to us like a Stingley jr, Hamilton or Hutchinson.

The mock drafts at this time are worthless. However, it seems that they increasingly are showing more quarterbacks picks in the first round and more quarterbacks being picked high. Because the demand for quarterbacks is so great, there will be three or four quarterbacks who will go higher, perhaps much higher, than they are projected to go as of late November. I am not a fan of Willis, though San Francisco eight months ago mortgaged its future to pick Trey Lance. But watch how high Corral and Pickett move up in the mock drafts over the next few months and how high they are ultimately selected.

The mock drafts at this time are worthless. However, it seems that they increasingly are showing more quarterbacks picks in the first round and more quarterbacks being picked high. Because the demand for quarterbacks is so great, there will be three or four quarterbacks who will go higher, perhaps much higher, than they are projected to go as of late November. I am not a fan of Willis, though San Francisco eight months ago mortgaged its future to pick Trey Lance. But watch how high Corral and Pickett move up in the mock drafts over the next few months and how high they are ultimately selected.
Only thing is that there are 2 or 3 teams with top 10 picks looking at QBs and that could be smaller if Detroit is thinking to take the best player instead. The Jets have two top 10 picks as do the Giants and the Eagles have 1. There really could be a QB that slides far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom