Which 1st rd QB do you think Saints scouting department has honed in on? (1 Viewer)

Which 1st QB do you think the Saints scouting department has honed in on?

• Matt Corral

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Kenny Pickett

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Malik Willis

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Desmond Ridder

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Sam Howell

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Carson Strong

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
None of the above.

They will roll with Winston/Taysom and continue to develop Book. Unless a highly rated QB falls at the top of their grouping when they pick (see Saints BPA draft process) they will go for other positions.

Plus, there just isn't a lot of talent there this year.

Eh. Sean Payton won’t sit idly and wait for rookies to solve all our problems. He’s been doing it for 15 years. They’re going to pursue free agents and trades foremost. So that when the draft rolls around again, we can just take whomever we want.
That's what they do. :9:

I personally really like Matt Corral, Desmond Ridder, and Malik Willis. I think the Saints will ultimately land somewhere in the 15th to 18th range for their pick which would most likely put them out of reach of Corral and Willis. Ridder could there but might not be seen as the best value pick. What do y’all think?
None, I think they’ll look receiver in the first round. Wish they could get DE Aidan Hutchison from Michigan but he’ll go top 4

I personally think Howell fits a Sean Payton O the best. I’d also throw in Stanford Tanner Mckee. Maybe not in the 1st, but def on Day 2 somewhere. Stanford’s lack of talent at the skill positions have gotten the better of him over the last few weeks, but the skillset & upside is def there. If people liked Davis Mills coming out, theyre gonna love Mckee.

Only thing is that there are 2 or 3 teams with top 10 picks looking at QBs and that could be smaller if Detroit is thinking to take the best player instead. The Jets have two top 10 picks as do the Giants and the Eagles have 1. There really could be a QB that slides far.
For my money the more QB’s the better. That would absolutely mean that some talented players at other positions the Saints need will fall.

If he declares for the draft I would like to see the Saints take a mid-late round flier on BYU QB Jaren Hall. I watched him last night vs USC, and have seen a few of his games this season, and he is exciting to watch.

Eh. Sean Payton won’t sit idly and wait for rookies to solve all our problems. He’s been doing it for 15 years. They’re going to pursue free agents and trades foremost. So that when the draft rolls around again, we can just take whomever we want.
This right here. If it takes most rookies they draft a couple of years to be regular contributors, why would quarterback be any different? I don’t see Payton wanting to wait that long — he’ll find a veteran he feels comfortable with.

The same things I’m hearing this year are the same things people said about Mac Jones last year, who is on a 7 game winning streak and has a 94 rating as a rookie. Rarely do you get a 1st round QB prospect who looks “NFL ready” outside of the top 5. But you still have to take the shot at some point.

Or we can chase pipedreams like Russell Wilson and keep playing this game with Taysom.

It's not just scuttelbutt that this years QB class is one of the worst we have seen in a long time, it's for real. We may have waited too long to draft one but we don't have time machines. I agree with the notion that a rookie QB is the way to go for finding your franchise QB, but it can't just be any draft and any player to solve our issue because we are desperate. The timing is terrible for getting one in the draft. They may surprise me and find one in this kitty litter mix of college QB's but I doubt it. Everything is speculation at this point , but the smart money is on Winston resigning for next year

If you are on the "get a QB in the draft no matter what train", who do you realistically see being there when we pick that you are comfortable with as being our future franchise QB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom