Which 1st rd QB do you think Saints scouting department has honed in on? (1 Viewer)

Which 1st QB do you think the Saints scouting department has honed in on?

• Matt Corral

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Kenny Pickett

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Malik Willis

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Desmond Ridder

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Sam Howell

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Carson Strong

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
JUST SPECULATING, but w/all the Wilson, Rodgers, & Watson trade rumors swirling about, im just gonna throw this out there… Baker Mayfield has 1yr left on his contract & he seems to be on the outs in Cleveland’s run heavy forever vanilla O. The dude seems like he’s tailor made for a coach like Sean Payton to retool & rebrand ala Drew Brees coming from the Chargers. Hey, i wouldnt be mad at all if we took a swing at trying to get Mayfield.

yup..I dont like any of the QB's in this year's draft.. STick with Winston/hill/book ....if we can't get Mayfield, Wilson, or Rodgers..

Sean is committed to running a west coast rhythm passing game. The best part of Winston's game is he is a great long ball vertical thrower. Jamies will find more success in a vertical scheme. The best way to explain this is Winston's game thrives in about 90% of the offensive schemes in the NFL. But, only 10% (if That) run some flavor of a west coast rhythm passing game. It is like us and the Patts run it. Conversely, Trevor, Book, Drew, Teddy, Romo are west coast QBs. so, The new non turnover Winston is more valuable to other teams, than us. We really don't have the money bid against teams with more money and need at QB.
If that were really the case, Payton and company would have never put in the time with him. Think about it. Why bring in a guy and give him the starting job if he doesn’t “fit your system” as you say?

I just don't see the Saints drafting a QB in round 1. The needs at OL and WR are far more of an issue. Honestly, I think any of the current QBs would have done a much better job if they had better talent around them. That said, I do think they will pursue other QBs in free agency and if they somehow land Wilson, I would be ecstatic. On the other hand, FA rules! Let's say the Saints manage to get a couple of pass catchers and a good OLineman or two in free agency - that changes the game entirely and I could see SP going for a QB - but only if it's someone he likes.

I personally really like Matt Corral, Desmond Ridder, and Malik Willis. I think the Saints will ultimately land somewhere in the 15th to 18th range for their pick which would most likely put them out of reach of Corral and Willis. Ridder could there but might not be seen as the best value pick. What do y’all think?
We should 100% not draft a QB in the first round. Period. We need to get a veteran QB worth a darn that can pilot a ship ready to win. We’ll need to shed a few large contracts and draft to fill those positions instead. I think that can happen on defense. We should probably also try to get value for Michael Thomas. Keep Kamara, Hill, and Book, draft WR, OL, DL, TE. Maybe secondary. But by god get Russ.

We should 100% not draft a QB in the first round. Period. We need to get a veteran QB worth a darn that can pilot a ship ready to win. We’ll need to shed a few large contracts and draft to fill those positions instead. I think that can happen on defense. We should probably also try to get value for Michael Thomas. Keep Kamara, Hill, and Book, draft WR, OL, DL, TE. Maybe secondary. But by god get Russ.
Unless Winston is not ready, I don’t think they bring in another QB.

If that were really the case, Payton and company would have never put in the time with him. Think about it. Why bring in a guy and give him the starting job if he doesn’t “fit your system” as you say?
What time invested? Winston was on his second one yr deal. All we had was Trevor, Book and Taysom on the roster.

I dont see any of those worthy of first round caliber Ridder kinda reminds me of what Patrick Mahommes does.... but I think he throws more intermediate routes instead of the deep routes seems Mahommes is always buying time scrambling to hit a deep route....

Saints will have a top 10 pick this draft. If Payton does not draft his next QB in this draft, it tells me more about him then I ever thought. He got lucky with Brees and does poorly in evaluating college QB talent.

Rest assure, he will draft another Ohio St. player and more players from out west and will forgo any players from the SEC. It is getting old, especially when you see Bellichick year in, year out, picking players from Bama and the SEC in general. Coral is right under his nose and he’ll pick some linemen from BFE university and give up 2 #1’s to get him.
Yeah that QB that KC jumped in front of us to draft would have been another blunder by SP

The time behind Brees and this year up until he got hurt. You guys only see what you want to see to support your own narratives. Biased assessments.
Well tell me this if Sean invested as you say, Why was Winston signed to two 1 yr deals in a row. So, tell why Jameis would want to come back here to compete for the job with the same QB groupings he he just beat out to become the starter?
And regarding TS throwing for so many times, he dropped back to pass either at or over 20 times in the 4th quarter alone. Why? We were down 3 scores. That had nothing to do with Coach trusting him at all.
What are you talking about? We were not down 3 scores in the Tampa game. He trusted Trevor to do more. I can't recall Jameis ever killing plays and changing plays at the line. He had Trevor throwing it on 4th down. Multiple targets in the red zone. Those are all levels of trust in his system, that Jameis never had with Sean.

Well tell me this if Sean invested as you say, Why was Winston signed to two 1 yr deals in a row. So, tell why Jameis would want to come back here to compete for the job with the same QB groupings he he just beat out to become the starter?

What are you talking about? We were not down 3 scores in the Tampa game. He trusted Trevor to do more. I can't recall Jameis ever killing plays and changing plays at the line. He had Trevor throwing it on 4th down. Multiple targets in the red zone. Those are all levels of trust in his system, that Jameis never had with Sean.
Jameis was only down multiple scores where he had to throw more in just two games, so Payton didn’t have to pass so much to try to catch up. Wasn’t about trust.

Jameis was only down multiple scores where he had to throw more in just two games, so Payton didn’t have to pass so much to try to catch up. Wasn’t about trust.
Trevor was killing plays at the line, and changing the play in his first start. Jameis, and Taysom were never allowed to do anything like that. That is trust! That is why Jameis dosn't fit Sean's system, and Trevor does. Jameis is a better QB than Trevor is........by far. If Sean wanted Jameis to be the QB in 2022, why is he the only QB on the roster without a contract?

What am I talking about? You brought up the Atlanta game. We were down THREE scores in the 4th. He dropped back to pass over 20 times in a single quarter. So in that game, he averaged 7 passes a quarter and then aired it out when we only had 6 points going into the 4th. You are bringing up a Tampa game like that was in the conversation. And even if this is the case, all killing and changing plays, throwing on 4th down, and multiple targets in the red zone has gotten us was a bunch of garbage time stats and Ls.

Trevor was killing plays at the line, and changing the play in his first start. Jameis, and Taysom were never allowed to do anything like that. That is trust! That is why Jameis dosn't fit Sean's system, and Trevor does. Jameis is a better QB than Trevor is........by far. If Sean wanted Jameis to be the QB in 2022, why is he the only QB on the roster without a contract?
How do you know they were not allowed to do this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom