Which 2nd to 4th year player makes the biggest leap this season? (1 Viewer)

Ruiz because he’s going to be the starting C with McCoy playing RG

The media has been hyping McCoy as a potential All Pro, so I’d jump on that bandwagon.

sucks for Ruiz, but It’s a pretty good depth situation on the interior line I think.

And more importantly if McCoy keeps developing like he did last year, that’s your most important jump on offense

Tre'quan Smith has by far the best vertical of any of the 2nd or 4th year players on the Saints so he will almost certainly make the biggest leap.

Got to be Davenport, the talent and ability are there, just needs to stay healthy. On the offensive side I want it to be Ruiz....badly, but I think Calloway is primed to become a starting WR....

Chauncey "C. J." Gardner-Johnson and Granderson. Both will get much playing time with Jack Rabbit and Hendrickson's departure.

The media has been hyping McCoy as a potential All Pro, so I’d jump on that bandwagon.

sucks for Ruiz, but It’s a pretty good depth situation on the interior line I think.

And more importantly if McCoy keeps developing like he did last year, that’s your most important jump on offense
Seems like I’ll be wrong, Ruiz said the other day he’s been training as he would be the starting RG this season

Trautman will have a better year I do believe so he is a good pick. Like him I think Ruiz will make improvements as well.

I'll give honorable mention to players like Ceedy, Granderson, Calloway and Harris.

Sorry too hard to pick one because I believe Trautman, Ruiz and Calloway will show the most improvement.

I'll give honorable mention to players like Ceedy, Granderson, Calloway and Harris.
Underhill made a good point when he said that Granderson could be relegated to strictly a depth role and see very few snaps.
The Saints drafted a DE in the 1st round and signed Kpassagnon as one of the few FA moves they’ve made.

Regarding the OP, the Saints really need Ruiz and Davenport to emerge

Seems like I’ll be wrong, Ruiz said the other day he’s been training as he would be the starting RG this season
Yep! Zach Strief, now an assistant O line Coach for the Saints, spoke about this a few weeks ago. McCoy has 2 years under his belt at C, n has only gotten better. He thinks he can be a Pro Bowler, if not an All Pro in the near future!

So if it ain’t broke….

No doubt, Ruiz was “average” at best, last year. But in his defense, TC was shortened, he got injured, n then was thrown into the starting RG spot prior to the start of the regular season. So I’m sure he made his share of mental mistakes. But he was a lil undersized too, n he struggled some against the more physical DTs. But I admired him for his grit n mental toughness, and hanging in there!

With a year under his belt at the position, I expect him to be more mentally prepared n play faster n with more consistency. But I’d love to see him get bigger n stronger by hitting the weight room and adding some 10-15 lbs or so of muscle mass to his 6’3”, 303 lb body. Wouldn’t b surprised if he’s already done dat!

I think there will be a couple of surprise players. If there was one 2-4 year player I wish would have the biggest leap. Keith Washington Jr. If he makes that leap. I will not be as worried about the secondary...

I think there will be a couple of surprise players. If there was one 2-4 year player I wish would have the biggest leap. Keith Washington Jr. If he makes that leap. I will not be as worried about the secondary...
Good post, and I agree…

If Marcus Davenport were to reach his potential, the 2nd and 3rd levels of the defense would also benefit greatly! …assuming Cam Jordan is back to Cam Jordan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom