Question Which action is considered harsher? (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Is Kamara's Vegas brawl more serious than Watson's 25 sexual misconducts? Just curious because the talk shows today said that the NFL is now thinking it will be around a 6 game suspension for Watson. And we are all assuming that Kamara's will be about a 6 game suspension. So are these equal? So Kamara could be in another 24 brawls and only get 6 games?

This doesn't make any sense.

Is Kamara's Vegas brawl more serious than Watson's 25 sexual misconducts? Just curious because the talk shows today said that the NFL is now thinking it will be around a 6 game suspension for Watson. And we are all assuming that Kamara's will be about a 6 game suspension. So are these equal? So Kamara could be in another 24 brawls and only get 6 games?

I don't know what you heard, but the published statements show the NFL thinking at least 1 year or more.

Kamara is surely facing criminal charges. Watson was cleared of criminal charges. Kamara need to take a lesson and pay that guy to shut up and move on. Certainly less expensive than paying 24 people.

I don't know what you heard, but the published statements show the NFL thinking at least 1 year or more.
I think the Watson move is going to haunt Cleveland. This has all the trappings of a move that will not pan out fully.

I dont think Watson is going to be perform terribly. I just dont think he will perform up to the expectations of his contract or those that will be placed on him.

He might lead them to a playoff appearance but hes not going to be able to lead that dysfunctional franchise to a SuperBowl.

Watson

Watson is definitely getting a year suspension, you're listening to the wrong people if you're hearing 6 games.

Kamara is surely facing criminal charges. Watson was cleared of criminal charges. Kamara need to take a lesson and pay that guy to shut up and move on. Certainly less expensive than paying 24 people.
With criminal charges already being persued against Kamara, paying the guy to shut up is irrelevant at this point.

It is said that the NFL has requested at least a year but that will depend on what the Disciplinary officer decides after the current hearings are over.

Watson will settle his civil cases out of court and has already cleared the criminal charges.

Kamara will likely either be convicted or plea no-contest to a lesser charge in criminal court. Then he will face a civil suit and likely settle.

What Watson is accused of... and I believe did was worse, but the NFL has a history of waiting for the courts.

Watson getting 6 games without a conviction, video, etc is actually a "big" penalty.

Per the NFL Personal Conduct Policy, assault carries a mininum 6 game suspension.

Watson will settle his civil cases out of court and has already cleared the criminal charges.

Kamara will likely either be convicted or plea no-contest to a lesser charge in criminal court. Then he will face a civil suit and likely settle.

What Watson is accused of... and I believe did was worse, but the NFL has a history of waiting for the courts.

Watson getting 6 games without a conviction, video, etc is actually a "big" penalty.

Per the NFL Personal Conduct Policy, assault carries a mininum 6 game suspension.
As long as their are pending criminal charges the league should not do anything to a player. If they did they could be accused of interfering with the court system.

As long as their are pending criminal charges the league should not do anything to a player. If they did they could be accused of interfering with the court system.
Yeah they will wait the NFL almost always waits on the courts. At this point it seems a coinflip between plea to the lesser charge or conviction of GBH. Do not see any way he skates without a conviction for something.

Kamara was involved in a spur of the moment fight. He's not premeditating the beatings of people from coast-to-coast. Tracking them down on the internet and catching planes to go where they are.

Watson appears to have some kind of chronic sexual disorder.

There are so many levels between what Kamara did and what Watson did.

But I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the league viewed it in reverse.

There are so many levels between what Kamara did and what Watson did.

But I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the league viewed it in reverse.
Yes there is a wide gap... but the punishment likely wont reflect it. I dont so much see it as the league viewing it reverse, as they are loathe to level punishment without the court doing so first. When nothing comes of the court proceedings it has to be wildly egregious, and obvious, for them to level any punishment at all. Much less harsh penalties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom