Question Which action is considered harsher? (1 Viewer)

Who has said anywhere that Watson is looking at 6 games? Not a single reputable source anywhere has said anything but at least a year suspension, with most saying a possible indefinite but at least one year.
Please be indefinite

I loved Kamara, and thought he was a good guy, but when he started dating an adult entertainer. It kind of gave me pause, not because his Gf was an adult entertainer. But, because that lifestyle makes you age in dog years. It didn't alter his game play, so I rolled along with everyone else.....not a problem. Then Kamara gets caught in the trick bag the day of the pro bowl at 5:30AM Sunday morning for Millions$$$$ in lost revenue keeping it REAL...........................because some scrub said un kind things about someone in your party.

You play stupid games............................you win stupid prizes all around. I'm not feeling sorry for Kamara one bit, and neither would Sean.

I loved Kamara, and thought he was a good guy, but when he started dating an adult entertainer. It kind of gave me pause, not because his Gf was an adult entertainer. But, because that lifestyle makes you age in dog years. It didn't alter his game play, so I rolled along with everyone else.....not a problem. Then Kamara gets caught in the trick bag the day of the pro bowl at 5:30AM Sunday morning for Millions$$$$ in lost revenue keeping it REAL...........................because some scrub said un kind things about someone in your party.

You play stupid games............................you win stupid prizes all around. I'm not feeling sorry for Kamara one bit, and neither would Sean.

No one is feeling sorry for Kamara. He deserves to face the consequences of his actions. The point is that those actions are equal to 24 sexual harassment incidents and the NFL should not treat them as equal if this post is correct.

(I don't believe the post is correct and Watson will face at least a full year suspension.)

There's a lot more to it than "Kamara's brawl versus Watson's 25 sexual misconducts."

We don't yet know what either punishment will be so I don't see the point of comparing them based on hypotheticals or what people are allegedly "now thinking".

But they are different. Kamara's allegations have video evidence and he has been charged (at this time) with a felony. The Watson allegations range in various forms of alleged conduct but there's no evidence of any of the alleged wrongdoing apart from the testimony of the plaintiffs - most of whom have now settled subject to confidentiality. And no charges were ever filed.

I don't know which player will get a longer suspension. If you presume the Watson allegations are true, certainly I think most agree that would merit a stronger punishment. And I think the league would like to take that position - but the neutral arbitrator has to consider Watson's position which is that he didn't do anything nonconsensual and there's no independent evidence that he did, and two grand juries refused to return charges. Those are factors that the neutral arbitrator has to take into account.

I think the best way to look at these is that they are very different in many ways. If the penalties end up being similar, it's based on the factors in those cases and not based on each other in any way. I know people are going to compare them, it's reality - but I don't see much value in it.

Well said. I will look at it in a different view point now.

Is Kamara's Vegas brawl more serious than Watson's 25 sexual misconducts? Just curious because the talk shows today said that the NFL is now thinking it will be around a 6 game suspension for Watson. And we are all assuming that Kamara's will be about a 6 game suspension. So are these equal? So Kamara could be in another 24 brawls and only get 6 games?

This doesn't make any sense.
Kamara has damning evidence proving him of a crime. Watson does not.

I believe it is time to actually address the gorilla in the room...In the eyes of the NFL, Watson will play for the Cleveland Brown next season, while AK will play for the New Orleans Saints, OBVIOUSLY, AK has committed the more egregious offense. I will NEVER forgive this!

430F0659-9A56-4729-9C04-B95ED53D6CB9_1_105_c.jpeg

Watson argued he was already sat down for 1yr in 2021 and he was not convicted of anything....Brace yourself!

Truth be told, Watson may miss far less time than Kamara. A grand jury opted not to press criminal charges against him. At the moment, there are 4 civil cases against him. The other 20 were settled out of court, and therefore, in the eyes of the court don't count for anything, especially as they came with a gag order for the plaintiffs.

Not only may Kamara's suspension be similar to Watson's, there's a very real possibility of a jail sentence, as he's charged with "felony assault, resulting in grievous bodily injury" (or words to that effect). From all media accounts, the evidence against him is pretty ironclad. The evidence against Watson is not as damning. While reprehensible, a good attorney could poke holes in many witnesses' testimony, or damage their credibility by tarnishing their character.

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for a quality RB as an insurance policy, unless the coaches like what they have in Abram Smith, and they believe that Ingram still has enough gas in the tank.

Truth be told, Watson may miss far less time than Kamara. A grand jury opted not to press criminal charges against him. At the moment, there are 4 civil cases against him. The other 20 were settled out of court, and therefore, in the eyes of the court don't count for anything, especially as they came with a gag order for the plaintiffs.

Not only may Kamara's suspension be similar to Watson's, there's a very real possibility of a jail sentence, as he's charged with "felony assault, resulting in grievous bodily injury" (or words to that effect). From all media accounts, the evidence against him is pretty ironclad. The evidence against Watson is not as damning. While reprehensible, a good attorney could poke holes in many witnesses' testimony, or damage their credibility by tarnishing their character.

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for a quality RB as an insurance policy, unless the coaches like what they have in Abram Smith, and they believe that Ingram still has enough gas in the tank.
I predict Kamara’s trial will not take place until winter 2023 and I predict he will not serve time. I predict he will plead down to much lesser charges.

I don't think anything you said is inaccurate - but there are always counterarguments. For example, it's entirely plausible that a neutral arbitrator could consider the fact that Kamara's incident happened in an instant, a heat-of-the-moment event where he and others (allegedly) feloniously attacked one person. Watson's allegations, on the other hand, involve an (alleged) pattern of conduct spanning many incidents and involving many women who now claim they were the subject of non-consensual sexual activity.

But the neutral arbitrator in Watson's case is going to make a decision based on the case as she sees it and Alvin's case is going to be decided on its own information. I don't see any reason to link them - they're very different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom