Question Which action is considered harsher? (1 Viewer)

The most hopfull thing I've seen lately on Kamara's case is, the NFL floated a trial balloon of 6 games for Kamara. The NFL seems to be banking on Kamara working out a plea deal.

This has never been about fairness or culpability. The opinion of the NFL, is which one will harm the league's (owners) ability to make money in the future?

That answer is Watson. That is why he will get the year, and Kamara will get the 6 games. Because the Kamara case, just doesn't have the legs as a story to last through the news cycle. Not like Watson.

Is Kamara's Vegas brawl more serious than Watson's 25 sexual misconducts? Just curious because the talk shows today said that the NFL is now thinking it will be around a 6 game suspension for Watson. And we are all assuming that Kamara's will be about a 6 game suspension. So are these equal? So Kamara could be in another 24 brawls and only get 6 games?

This doesn't make any sense.

The issue so far is that there is definitive proof of what Kamara did. AFAIK, Watson still hasn't be found guilty of anything. Settling isn't admission.

I’m not a lawyer but if the guy decides not to pursue charges then the case likely goes away, right?
Sometimes. From what i understand is Vegas has been getting a bad rep for voilence related crime and they are trying to make examples. They want tourists to feel safe. They have been prosecutng people for these crimes in Vegas recently.

I was in court once and there was a domestic case and the wife had alredy dropped the charges, but the prosecution still found him guilty, gave him a fine, and released him with time served.

Is Kamara's Vegas brawl more serious than Watson's 25 sexual misconducts? Just curious because the talk shows today said that the NFL is now thinking it will be around a 6 game suspension for Watson. And we are all assuming that Kamara's will be about a 6 game suspension. So are these equal? So Kamara could be in another 24 brawls and only get 6 games?

I agree. How could Kamara's transaction be worse or equal to Watson. This is totally ridiculous. If Watson were to only get 6, then Kamara should only get 1 game at most.

I’m not a lawyer but if the guy decides not to pursue charges then the case likely goes away, right?
Usually, that is the case if the police didn't see it.

But in this case, the police can (reportedly/allegedly) see it on video.

A similar thing happened to Marcel Ozuna on the Braves. The police saw him hitting his wife; she later "dropped charges" but he was busted anyway.

There's a lot more to it than "Kamara's brawl versus Watson's 25 sexual misconducts."

We don't yet know what either punishment will be so I don't see the point of comparing them based on hypotheticals or what people are allegedly "now thinking".

But they are different. Kamara's allegations have video evidence and he has been charged (at this time) with a felony. The Watson allegations range in various forms of alleged conduct but there's no evidence of any of the alleged wrongdoing apart from the testimony of the plaintiffs - most of whom have now settled subject to confidentiality. And no charges were ever filed.

I don't know which player will get a longer suspension. If you presume the Watson allegations are true, certainly I think most agree that would merit a stronger punishment. And I think the league would like to take that position - but the neutral arbitrator has to consider Watson's position which is that he didn't do anything nonconsensual and there's no independent evidence that he did, and two grand juries refused to return charges. Those are factors that the neutral arbitrator has to take into account.

I think the best way to look at these is that they are very different in many ways. If the penalties end up being similar, it's based on the factors in those cases and not based on each other in any way. I know people are going to compare them, it's reality - but I don't see much value in it.

Who has said anywhere that Watson is looking at 6 games? Not a single reputable source anywhere has said anything but at least a year suspension, with most saying a possible indefinite but at least one year.

I totally agree. I keep coming back to the fact that beating a man's head while he is unconscious is vastly different than showing your weenie to a masseuse. But maybe I am old-fashioned.
Men have been fighting each other since the beginning of time. Exposing yourself to unsuspecting individuals is perverse. Forkin sickos.

• 1Meh
Reactions: MV2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom