Which Back Would You Choose in this Situation? (1 Viewer)

Dumb arse Ditka should have given the ball to Sweetness (Walter Payton) to let him get a TD in the Super Bowl.

Sweetness never got over that snub. Years later Ditka admitted that he made a mistake in not recognizing how much it would have meant to him.

But I digress... and got off the OP's point.

Of the choices given, it would have to be Riggins in his prime, but...

...if given the choice of any RB to get that one yard, it would be:

1) Jim Brown (...retired in his prime)
2) Earl Campbell (in his prime)
3) Dulymus ("Deuce") McAllister (in his prime)

:gosaints:

Scenario
Your team is on the opposing defenses one-yard line and it's 4th&1. The score is 28-24 with 0:04 left in the Super Bowl. Which one of these backs are you handing the football off to?-

Mike Alstott
Jerome Bettis
John Riggins

John Riggins

Larry Czonka, one of the few RBs to ever get called for an unnecessary roughness penalty against the player trying to tackle him.
Seriously did that really happen? Because when that guy played you had to pull an Albert Haynesworth to get a roughing penalty.

Seriously did that really happen? Because when that guy played you had to pull an Albert Haynesworth to get a roughing penalty.
apparently he punched a player

apparently he punched a player
Thanks for the link. I just went back & viewed an old film clip of Csonka. Man, pound for pound , the most brutal mean spirited vicious runner to ever play football. Earl was the toughest, & Brown was a pure freak for his day. But Csonka ran like he didn't like any body.

Csonka was one of my dad’s favorite players for that reason. Almost like he enjoyed going out and punishing people, and was really good at it.

But of that list Riggins no doubt.

Csonka was one of my dad’s favorite players for that reason. Almost like he enjoyed going out and punishing people, and was really good at it.

But of that list Riggins no doubt.
I heard Csonka do an interview one time & they asked him why he ran so hard at tacklers. His answer was he knew he wasn't gonna outrun anybody, so he might as well make em remember him the next time he came through the hole with the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom