Which came the first, the egg.... (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Actually, is it Brees making his offensive line look good or is the offensive line making Brees look good? Jamaal Brown out, Strief (sp) in, NO SACKS!!! Zach made Simien Rice look like an average player. Has there ever been a team to use all their rookies AND have their rookies so productive??

The coaches and management really did a great job in scouting these rookies. Harper, Bush, Colsten, Evans, now Zach. Who am I missing?

Not only the rookies but all the new Saints; Brees, Thomas, Simoneau, Shanle, Copper, Feine....the list goes on.

Not only are the Saints winning, but they are so much fun to watch.

It may be a little of both, but moreso Brees. Have you watched him in the pocket? Very, very, VERY impressive...the guy can move and shows ridiculous poise.

It's actually kinda like a 'snowball affect'...

A good QB knows what to do to take much of the load off of his offensive line,... so they look good. Then as they improve in their assignments, they DO make the QB look even better!

Whether Brees is the 'chicken or the egg'... I don't know.

But what we're seeing this year would not be possible without him. :9:

I think its a combination of both. if the line was bad brees would be sacked alot more. at the same time brees has avoided some pressure that would usually be a sack. team effort.

The offensive line is the albumen egg white protecting Brees, the egg yolk, and in their togetherness, they make a beautiful soufflé, baby.
:ezbill:

Last edited:
I think it is Brees more than the line but I am not saying the line is bad. The one thing I have not seen a lot of is defenders getting a free run at Brees but I haven't seen Brees sitting in the pocket with plenty of time much either. Usually it is about a 2-3 second window then Brees either gets rid of the ball or he slides, steps up or rolls out and makes the pressure turn into pursuit. Basically I think we have a group of overachievers that don't miss their blocks but don't pancake guys either. I do give Brown and Evans loads of credit. Stinch has struggled but the coaches have done an excellent job of protecting him with TE's.

How many years did we blame the O line when Brooks played for us?

That's actually funny. Before Brooks was hurt in Oakland (or is he), the TV announcers were blaming the O-line for being the worse O-line in the NFL. Hmmmm! However, Oakland has won it's last two games with the same O-line.

And before all you Brooks lovers come bashing me, I am not bashing Brooks, I am just making a comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom