Which commerials insult people's intelligence most? (2 Viewers)

The pharmaceutical commercials showing how great life is for the people who have taken the latest wonder drug of the week.

Side effects may cause blindness, loss of limbs, paralysis, and occasionally death. Ask your physician about ————— today!
You left out diarhea......that's always on the list. My favorite is when it may cause gas, bloating, and diarhea. Talk about the perfect storm.

The one for catheters where the guy is flying around in his stunt plane talking about his favorite brand of catheter.

when I see them, I take notice. But not like “I’m going to remember this if there is ever a thread” notice. But now that you mention this one, yes I remember that it takes the cake for this category. The cake, the baby, the table... /thread.

I can't stand the lawyer and drug company crap. The worst are the once that at then end tell you not to take there drug if your allergic to it!

I can't stand the lawyer and drug company crap. The worst are the once that at then end tell you not to take there drug if your allergic to it!

This law firm commercial comes on a lot. I'm pretty sure this dude is an android.

Liberty Mutual gets my vote
"Only pay for what you need."
Their pivot to that stupid "LiMu Emu and Doug" campaign -- their ads used to be fairly straightforward, with a few attempts at humor (the "actor" constantly flubbing the line, the "confidential informant" who leaps off the pier when his face is revealed), but someone at their agency apparently decided, "well, GEICO and Progressive have straight-up comedy campaigns, so we need one, too!" and decided a '70s cop show spoof was the way to go.

Just tell me your insurance is cheaper, for fork's sake.

Runner up, also an insurance company: State Farm and Aaron Rodgers' increasingly insecure sports agent. A lot of the spots don't even tell me anything about State Farm's insurance offerings.

Their pivot to that stupid "LiMu Emu and Doug" campaign -- their ads used to be fairly straightforward, with a few attempts at humor (the "actor" constantly flubbing the line, the "confidential informant" who leaps off the pier when his face is revealed), but someone at their agency apparently decided, "well, GEICO and Progressive have straight-up comedy campaigns, so we need one, too!" and decided a '70s cop show spoof was the way to go.

Just tell me your insurance is cheaper, for fork's sake.

Runner up, also an insurance company: State Farm and Aaron Rodgers' increasingly insecure sports agent. A lot of the spots don't even tell me anything about State Farm's insurance offerings.
The subtext of insurance commercials seems pretty clear - policy holders pay for these commercials so we can get more policy holders to pay for more commercials- it’s like an even worse Ponzi scheme than most Ponzi schemes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom