Which current Saints player needs the biggest "Prove It" season? (1 Viewer)

Davenport and Rankin's have already proven themselves as capable NFL starters. They only had issues with injuries. TQS is going into his 3rd year and hasn't shown any consistency. It's a make or break year for him.

We have a ton of those that I could probably do a top 10 and maybe even more

1. Alex Anzalone: looks like our 3rd starting LB right now and we can’t afford him getting hurt
2. Tre’Quan Smith - we need a 3rd WR in this offense and he’s been so inconsistent
3. Marcus Williams - he needs to start tackling and quit making boneheaded plays
4. Marcus Davenport - he just needs to stay healthy
5. Sheldon Rankins - see Davenport
6. Janoris Jenkins - he needs to play better than he did with the Giants
7. Alvin Kamara - he needs to stay healthy and have a monster year
8. Drew Brees - he’s old now and some games it showed
9. Eric McCoy - he’s likely moving to a new position and hopefully he can be good there
10. Taysom Hill/Andrus Peat - they both got paid to an extent so will they keep up the great play or play better

I almost put Ruiz and Baun in there, but I’ll give the rookies a break

I'll just stick w the guys w rookie deals since they're the ones who the FO has to decide on whether or not they are going to be part of the small group who get resigned w us. PS we're probably gonna get some decent comp picks the next few years.

Davenport and Anzalone and Rankins need to prove they can stay healthy.

Williams is mch better than most here pretend, but he needs to turn into that elite ballhawk if he is gonna convince the FO to give him that big contract.

TQS needs to prove he can be that WR3 after Ginn moving on and the FO not drafting another WR.

Davenport has up to 2 more years on the rookie deal while AA and SR are in the last year, so those two's biological clocks are ticking.

After listening to the latest “Saints Talk” podcast with Underhill and Kevin Washington... and hearing Washington basically say that he hopes somebody comes in and pushes him off the roster, it’s got to be “TreQuan Smiff”

100% Davenport #1. He played well when he was healthy but he has to prove he can stay healthy.
Tre Quan has to produce

Anzalone, Rankins, and Davenport all need to prove they can stay healthy this year.

Andrus Peat - It's pretty simple to me. We invested huge $$ into him this offseason, and if he plays up to his potential, then we will win the Superbowl.

...I mean staying healthy isn't something they can help. No one is trying to stay hurt except for Eric Gordon.

And when Davenport is plays at 100%, he's not far from Cam Jordan in efficacy.

If they can’t stay healthy, then that’s a problem. No matter if it’s their fault or not and we’re not even so sure that it isn’t their fault. I believe that the conditioning work that these guys put in during the offseason and their diet is what helps them make it the entire year. I don’t believe that players like Cam Jordan and Demario Davis are just more lucky than these guys. I believe it’s the work that they put in all year long that helps them play at a high level all season long.

Offense:
TQS - physically he has what he needs to be a very good WR. I don’t know if it’s mental thing but he just hasn’t put it together yet. Will year 3 be the year?

Defense:
Anzalone - again, physically capable of being a very good LB but can’t stay on the field. Can he one day last a full Season and show us what he’s fully capable of or is he another early retiree due to constant injuries?

1. TQS
2. Davenport
3. Marcus Williams (although I've lost complete hope)

Anzalone is a health issue more than anything, but yes he needs to prove he can stay on the field, so add him to the list.

Kamara is playing for the one big contract he'll have during the career. This year means everything to him.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom