Which current Saints player needs the biggest "Prove It" season? (1 Viewer)

I was thinking him at first. He has a 3 year track record. If he just has a good season he'll get paid. But if he falls off then a good contract will be hard to get.

I'm sure Gurleys contract is going to scare teams away from giving out big contracts to RBs for a while. Laveon Bell hasn't lived up to his lofty contract so far also.
Bell needs blockers.

I think it’s between TQS, Davenport, Kamara

TQS - a bad year pretty much makes him a bust. I really like TQS, hope he steps up.

Davenport - big trade up to get him, needs 10 sacks and to stay healthy all year.

Kamara - He’s in a contract year and needs to bring it.

I absolutely LOVE this guy's game, and I think he's a force when healthy. But I have to go w/my dude Sheldon Rankins. He needs to prove he can stay healthy. All that talent is meaningless if youre on the sideline recovering from another injury. I love Sheldon, but over the last few season the durability issues have become a frustrating concern.

If they can’t stay healthy, then that’s a problem. No matter if it’s their fault or not and we’re not even so sure that it isn’t their fault. I believe that the conditioning work that these guys put in during the offseason and their diet is what helps them make it the entire year. I don’t believe that players like Cam Jordan and Demario Davis are just more lucky than these guys. I believe it’s the work that they put in all year long that helps them play at a high level all season long.
I don't believe that injuries can be boiled down to "You didn't eat right" or "You weren't training hard enough."

In fact, I often believe the opposite is true.

Conditioning to so you don't get tired so quickly and can play with full efficacy and avoid the sloppy play that fatigue brings about, and in so doing, prevent injuries that way? Sure. But Anzalone's got a bum shoulder that just may never be structurally sound for him to play a long season and Davenport had a Linsfranc.

Not like you can just do more foot exercises and be fine.

1. TQS
2. Davenport
3. Marcus Williams (although I've lost complete hope)

Anzalone is a health issue more than anything, but yes he needs to prove he can stay on the field, so add him to the list.

Kamara is playing for the one big contract he'll have during the career. This year means everything to him.
Isn't Davenport a health issue as well??

"Prove they can stay healthy" seems to be a common theme in this thread. In a contact sport, how do you prove this? Serious question, how does an athlete prove he or she can stay healthy?

Davenport has his foot. It’s a huge question that he needs to come back strong. Rankins right up there also, as another injury recovery. Anzalone also fits here. But TQS is my big one. He has the potential to be a strong number 2. He also has the potential to be on the first cutdown.

Definitely Tre’quan Smith. He’s fighting for a roster spot at this point. He’s shown flashes, but going into year 3, he needs to show up, cut the mental errors, and not disappear for weeks at a time. If he has a disappointing camp he could realistically be cut.

I get why Davenport is mentioned, but his problem hasn’t been play, it’s been health.
He’s been extremely productive when he’s on the field. His issue is staying there.

Davenport, Anzalone and Rankins have all shown enough that if they stay healthy they will excel. I just don’t get the Williams hate. Yes his tackling can be poor, but he makes more plays in coverage than any other safety in the league. TQS the only unknown in terms of quality. I really think that if those aforementioned player stay healthy, this roster is good enough to carry a QB to a Super Bowl, a la Broncos with Manning.

Great thread btw

Davenport, Anzalone, and Rankins need to prove they can stay healthy. TQS will need to prove he has the talent to be on the Saints for his next contract. But the player with the most to prove is:

JAMEIS WINSTON

Drew Brees needs a prove it season...don't kill the messenger...hear me out...
Its a prove it season for HIM..!! And this team. You know he just seethes with disgust over how the last 3 seasons have ended. He is a great father, husband, teammate. But he is a winner and he wants that 2nd Super Bowl. And now, with Tommy Boy over in Tampa...well...that just makes it all the more compelling.....Just bring on the season...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom