Which defection to Atlanta bothered you the most? (1 Viewer)

Which defection to Atlanta bothered you the most?

• Morten Andersen

Votes: 221 48.8%
  • Bobby Hebert

Votes: 110 24.3%
  • Joe Horn

Votes: 58 12.8%
  • Black Moses

Votes: 49 10.8%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 15 3.3%

• Total voters

Fanincowboyland

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As others have said, for me it was Hebert, because of the way he acted about it. For all these guys it was just business, a place they could continue their career and in most cases make some more money, but Hebert wanted to make it personal. It is hard for me to forget that even today when I hear him on the radio.

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me most now about Bobby leaving is that he didn't stay there.

There's still time, Bobby! You can still go back! And feel free to take Mike D and Kristian Garlic with you!

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sam leaving was by far the worst move to me the saints made. The Saints should have never put him in a situation for that to happen.

Now on the other hand I’m happy that he was able to make the most of it, become a huge member of their fan base and get all the way to coaching in a super bowl.

Nothing but respect for the field mouse.

Stealth Matrix

King of Wingdings
Reaction score
Most of Morten's Saints days were before "my time" but what really PO'd me was he chose the Dome Opener, of all games, to mark his 2nd joining to the Falcons.

Joe Horn hurt but I get at the time he had a kind of beef more with Payton than anything IIRC.

Bobby is just plain aggravating... Trying to pretend all those years playing w/ and then broadcasting for the Falcons never existed.

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
The loss of all 4 members of the Dome Patrol hurt more than anything.

I voted for Bobby. What bugs me the most about him was him running down the field doing a Dirty Bird after he threw a TD against us for Atlanta.

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
It only hurts when a guy leaves the Saints and then goes on to be even better or more successful somewhere else. Most (if not all) of the guys that “defected” to Atlanta didn’t really do much. Morten Andersen was probably the best, but at the end of the day... he’s still just a kicker.

Watching Sam Mills go to Carolina absolutely sucked. He was still a stud when he went there, and those idiots erected a statue in his honor and claim him as their own. I hate that!
Mark Fields was better for Carolina than he ever was for the Saints... that one hurt a little too.
I also didn’t like seeing Brett Maxie and Toi Cook go to Carolina. Carolina has had much more success poaching our players than the Turds ever had.
I hated seeing Brett Perriman go to Detroit and ball-out alongside Herman Moore.
Ninkovich to the Pats burned a little too, but he never really even flashed as a Saint.

PS - I don’t think Tyler Davison is going to make us regret letting him get away. He’s a solid run stopping NT, but Rankins and CJ elevated him.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I voted Hebert, but after thinking about it Andersen is the obvious choice. How hard is it to negotiate a new contract with your kicker? Should have never happened.
We let Andersen go because he'd gotten fat and was phoning it in. When we let him walk, he started working out and took his job seriously again. Look at his last 3 seasons of FG accuracy with the Saints: 85%, 80%, 71.8%. He was trending downward and looked like he'd hit the wall, after he'd hit the buffet table.

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From a personal standpoint, it was Hebert because we knew him and family.
Professionally though, Morten was a big loss.
Joe Horn stung a bit too.
Horn and Hebert made it personal though. Hebert bad mouthing Finks and Mora. Horn and Kenny Wilkerson causing trouble... it was ugly.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Herbert, hands down. I don’t think I’ll ever see or hear him and not see him in his Falcons uniform doing that stupid “airplane” celebration.

As far as Morten Anderson and Sam Mills go....I blame a very incompetent Bill Kuharich for their defections. Both players were completely mishandled. Of course the Panthers appropriating Mills legacy as a player to give their team historical significance is irritating.

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, Bill Kuharich was widely seen as incompetent and a bureaucratic "empty suit" kind of guy who was never taken seriously or well-respected by Mora, his coaching staff, or other Saints executives. Mora always saw Kuharich as an interloper even in the glory days when Jim Finks ran this team efficiently for the most part. I don't believe most in the Saints organization, from players, coaches, or executives ever saw him as a worthy successor to Finks after he died. Mora in his last couple seasons took on more of a GM, personnel issues-related topics instead of focusing on his team. Even when Kuharich went to bat in hiring a big name former HC in Mike Ditka, Ditka was assured by Benson he would have final say in drafting and FA-related issues. And Ditka was rightfully perceived by most NFL insiders, fellow HC's, GM's as past his prime in terms of his ability to successfully coach an NFL team. It's debatable whether Ditka would've really succeeded as Bears HC if he hadn't inherited a future HOF RB, a good, hungry, but potentially legendary defense coached by Buddy Ryan, and Bears for the longest time had one of the best college drafting departments in the NFL. You take away some of those factors and Ditka probably bombs as an NFL HC or he remains just a ST assistant like he did with Landry's Cowboys for 9 years. Look at how other Landry-era Cowboys assistants did on their own as HC's with other teams like Dan Reeves. Reeves was a far better, more successful NFL caliber HC who was more capable and knowledgble in football vernacular then Ditka ever was. Reeves just couldn't win the Super Bowl but it wasn't for lack of trying. He lasted a lot longer and won a ton more games, regular and postseason, than Ditka ever did. Reeves just had the misfortune of being the Bud Grant of his generation.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anzalone is a guy who averaged 4.5 starts between surgeries in college, played 4.5 games for the Saints, and had a surgery. I would love to see him join the Atlanta Falcons and waste their roster spot.
Slept through last season or are you going out of your way to claim the most stupid comment of the offseason?

Reaction score
Slept through last season or are you going out of your way to claim the most stupid comment of the offseason?
In defense of his idiotic take, he did post that in May 2018 before the 2018 season when Anzalone only had 3.25-ish games in a Saints uniform.

I certainly am curious to see if he's going to double down on his stance though...

👀

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
In defense of his idiotic take, he did post that in May 2018 before the 2018 season when Anzalone only had 3.25-ish games in a Saints uniform.

I certainly am curious to see if he's going to double down on his stance though...

👀
Since the poll was still open for votes, I had no idea that the thread was from 2018. Usually polls have a time limit set on them and I rarely check the date and time of a post - which is obvious since I didn't have a clue this thread was from before last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom