Which defensive position do we need an upgrade the least? (1 Viewer)

Which position do we need an upgrade the least?

• DT

Votes: 61 67.8%
  • LB

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • CB

Votes: 17 18.9%

• Total voters

pennstater

Very Banned
Reaction score
Im trying to figure this out in my head and im going crazy. I can make an argument for each position.

i cant even answer this... all 3 MUST be addressed in some way this offseason

Its like a water barrel that has been shot 3 times. It doesn't matter if you plug up 2 holes, water is still going to leak.

But if it comes down to it and we can ONLY plug up 2 holes, then we should leave the hole closest to the top of the barrel unplugged so atleast we get the most out of it.

Im just trying to figure out which "hole" is furthest towards the top? so to speak

Last edited:
You do not need crazy, exceptional, top 10 talent at DT.

But you do need tremendous talent and individual playmakers at LB and CB .

This is a case of picking poison. We need to address all positions,but if I had to choose one, I'd go with DT.

I can't even answer this question.

I may be crazy but I think that DT is our most pressing need. I think a solid DT will heavily improve the pass rush and will allow Chuck and Will to pin their ears back instead of focusing on the run all the time and this will allow us to drop our safeties back in coverage which will in turn improve the CB play.

I think DT is the greatest need. Name even one top 5 defense without a great one.

I guess we expect alot out of our 340 lb 34 year old Thomas. And Brian Young who is currently a FA

Do I want to be burned alive, shot in the gut and left for dead, or forced to watch Will Farrel highlight clips....?

I really can't decide.

Our Corners are the worst with MM out, Our Linebackers next with only one starter, but our DT and DE play has been extermely subpar and with improvement can help indirectly both the LB Corp and the Secondary.

So the worst is secondary, then Linebackers but our biggest need is DT (provided we have Thomas and Young back in playing condition)

Last edited:
Do I want to be burned alive, shot in the gut and left for dead, or forced to watch Will Farrel highlight clips....?

I really can't decide.

:smilielol: Amen, brother!

I'm probably crazy, but I'm going to say CB because I feel like if the front 7 are pumpin', they can mask some of the defencies behind them. Just think back to the Dome Patrol days. We never had a great secondary, in 91 or 92, I'd say we got up to what I'd call an average one, and the whole time the front 7 kept a lot of big plays from happening (not that we never gave up any, but just think how many MORE there would have been without that awesome pressure).

Having decided that, I still think we have to bring in someone at CB as well anyway, but I guess I'm saying I want the focus to be:
1. DT
2. LB (two of 'em)
3. CB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom