Which Draft Analysts do you think are the most accurate (1 Viewer)

jcollins9

Bring The WOOD!
Reaction score
I don't want to do a poll, but to see your opinions about accuracy and methodology.

I think these two are the best:

Rick Gosselin - he does research players and team needs, but his mock drafts are generally crafted from talking to insiders and using that info to figure out what teams are going to do.

Mike Detillier - definitely a fan favorite. His draft guide is a HUGE repository of information on prospects, and he does have some league contacts.

What do you guys think?

As far as I know, Gosselin is not a draft analyst, his writings depend on what trusted contacts will tell him. He is the most accurate in mock drafts during the last week, but I don't think he will be checking film or even attend to the Senior Bowl or Combine.

I love Mike because he is the one who brings more information to the table, sometimes very accurate, sometimes not, but this is a consequence of his job.

Me, I like to listen as much as I can, not only from writters but from fellow posters and then make my own opinion.

Detillier was pretty accurate last year for the first 8 picks, I think. After that, I don't think he nailed too many even just picking them at the draft fest, never mind ahead of time in his book.

I remember having to admit to myself that Kiper was actually more accurate last year than detillier, even though a lot of us fans don't want to admit it.

I still like Detillier a lot more, of course. And his book is indispensable.

Detillier was pretty accurate last year for the first 8 picks, I think. After that, I don't think he nailed too many even just picking them at the draft fest, never mind ahead of time in his book.

I remember having to admit to myself that Kiper was actually more accurate last year than detillier, even though a lot of us fans don't want to admit it.

I still like Detillier a lot more, of course. And his book is indispensable.

Which draft of Kiper's? He does about 300 mocks so that ONE of them has to be somewhat slightly correct at the end of the day.

Well, everyone knows Buschbaum was the best in the biz...R.I.P. Besides that I like Detillier and Kiper the best (yep, I actually like Kiper).

I'm fine with Kiper. I know many don't like him, but every "expert" has a group of detractors.

Todd McShay is a new favorite of mine as well.

I don't want to do a poll, but to see your opinions about accuracy and methodology.

I think these two are the best:

Rick Gosselin - he does research players and team needs, but his mock drafts are generally crafted from talking to insiders and using that info to figure out what teams are going to do.

Mike Detillier - definitely a fan favorite. His draft guide is a HUGE repository of information on prospects, and he does have some league contacts.

What do you guys think?

Dude, none of them are accurate!!!! All they can do is watch and evaluate what they see and provide information to the uneducated fan. Most of these guys are experts at BS.

They have contacts and websites that provide them with information but they don't see or scout these players. Selling the hungry football fan information about who will be the next differance maker to improve the team is way to easy. Like selling water in the desert, It's a business just like any other.

I saw some statistics that said that 3rd leading way teams aquire rookies who make NFL squads IS Undrafted Free Agents. But guys will call you an idiot if you want this guy in the 4th round or that guy in the 3rd because they'll say there is no way he's better. Truth is, the undrafted free agent has a better chance to make a team then any of those guys. What does anyone know???????

There are guys on this site that spew enough garbage to make someone think that they were a scout. All they would need is someone to give them crediability (WWL Radio, a news paper, etc etc) and everyone would be buying their draft guide.

Stepping off my soap box now. Thank you, ill be here all week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom