Which Drew Brees record is most likely to stand the test of time? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think that QBs playing at a high level for 15+ years will be the norm. Hitting 20 years won't be commonplace but it won't be rare either

People were saying that Mahomes could be the first career 100K QB, first 6K 60TD season QB and people were saying that before they added the 17th game

Which of Drew Brees career marks do you think will still be standing 25 years from now?

Here are a few of the notable career marks that Drew holds:

Barring a preseason, or very early season career ending injury to Tom Brady he'll break the yards mark pretty early on this season so that's off the table

I think it's the 74.4% completion mark. I think that's the one most likely to still be the record decades from now, and on that note I wouldn't be surprised if the 96.7% is a forever record as well

Last edited:
I think he’ll be the Saints passing leader for a while.
Basically franchise records are safe, but I can see league records being broken by Mahomes.

Now that there is a 17th Game the 5,000 yard mark, attempts, completions, TD's, stats will more than likely be broken a lot easier. IMO, the competition percentage records will probably be the hardest to beat and stand the longest.
That and the consecutive games with a TD pass record (54). That one might last like Joe DiMaggio’s consecutive games hit streak in mlb (56), which has stood for 70 years.

All stats will pretty much fall eventually especially given the 17th game. But the completion percentage ones will probably stand a long long time, requires the most skill to me.

Agree with others. The efficiency stats will hold the best with the addition of 17th game. So both completion percentage records (career and single-season) are my bet.

I'd also add the consecutive records. Those should still be hard to beat. Consecutive TD games and consecutive 20+ compeletion games.

We've all seen that list of records before, but every time I read through it, the word that jumps off the page for each one is consistency. It's the common factor in every one of those records, and honestly, every pass he has thrown. It's highly debatable who the best QB of all time might be, but it's not really debatable which all-time great QB got the very most out of his God-given physical talents. Drew's maniacal obsession with consistency in his preparation and mechanics should be what every young QB who comes into the league strives to emulate.

As for the records that stand the longest, I will go with any of the "consecutive games with ____" streaks, and comp% for an entire season, though modern era QB's are much more accurate than they were 15-20 years ago.

The completion records. Everything else up for grabs with the way offense is emphasized in the league.

That and the consecutive games with a TD pass record (54). That one might last like Joe DiMaggio’s consecutive games hit streak in mlb (56), which has stood for 70 years.

The thing that is most impressive to me about that Brees record was that after it was snapped at 54 he then went on the fifth longest steak in NFL history at 45 games immediately after that. If he had managed to get a TD in garbage time against Atlanta that day in 2012 the streak would have lasted exactly 100 games almost double the next longest streak. Instead he has to settle for having the 1st and 5th longest streaks in NFL history.

200.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom